viper system in alamance co nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonsmith

I can't get the viper system in alamance co, nc. I have put viper codes and were picking it for a while and a couple weeks ago i could not get it anymore. I have the home patrol.could someone help.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your thread to the North Carolina forum.

I believe the Viper system is undergoing rebanding right now and somebody local should be able to help you.

The one thing I will mention is to make sure you keep the database up to date using Sentinel. If Viper is rebanding, than you should be updating every Monday to make sure you have the latest update.

wilsonsmith

Thank you Mike for responding to my post. Could you tell me how to get in touch with killfire2001. He is the one close to me in Alamance county,nc who is broadcasting on line. I am hoping maybe he can help. I am about to get frustrated. Tried emailing him and it won't let me. I am new at this RR feeds so if you could ge him to email me I would appreciate it. Again I have the HOME PATROL. I am 65 and enjoy listening but can't get viper anymore. Not sure how to do rebanding. Thank anyone who can help.

wilsonsmith

ENCHANTED WIZARD, I would appreciate it so much if you could. I live near old kmart. Really don't know how to contact you. I am not allowed to email you. If you are allowed to email let me know when we can meet. A couple others have email me so hopefully you can.

KE5ABB

Alamance/Orange Rebanding

Yes they are currently rebanding sites in our area. I live in Mebane/Efland and just finished reprogramming my scanner (Uniden BCD996XT). I tried to PM you and email but your profile is not setup for messages.

Although I am not familiar with your scanner I did find out that it is compatible with the rebanding. Also, Uniden has a updated firmware out for the HomePatrol so you would want to do that first.

Here are a few links (including the one above in the forum) that should help with your scanner, hope this helps.

Uniden Firmware Upgrade:
HomePatrolSentinel < HomePatrol < TWiki

Adding Rebanding in Sentinel Software:
Adding a Rebanded System Manually via Sentinel - The RadioReference Wiki

Rebanding Frequencies Setup (link in forum):
http://forums.radioreference.com/no...o-longer-receive-viper-please-click-here.html

wilsonsmith

KE5ABB, I just changed my profile so I can get a message from you. I am new at this on RR, I am not even sure about how to navigate my way through nc forums. I don't know how to reband. I would have to get someone to help me. Thank you for the links. I wish things were simple like before. when you could just put in a frequency and it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.