Virginia Beach Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotoTRK

The fact that RID is on that TGID with crypto when those TGID's aren't even programmed into the radios makes me think that someone has bootlegged a RID and is using the system improperly.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
The fact that RID is on that TGID with crypto when those TGID's aren't even programmed into the radios makes me think that someone has bootlegged a RID and is using the system improperly.
The encryption isn’t strapped, it’s one sided. From my notes 1040 is a Chesapeake Medic, I’ve also noted they can show up 2 ways 1040 or 560xxxx, so 5601040 is Chesapeake Medic 5. I’m guessing that the hospitals are encrypted and the ambulances aren’t, hence why the Chesapeake Medic wasn’t encrypted

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The encryption isn’t strapped, it’s one sided. From my notes 1040 is a Chesapeake Medic, I’ve also noted they can show up 2 ways 1040 or 560xxxx, so 5601040 is Chesapeake Medic 5. I’m guessing that the hospitals are encrypted and the ambulances aren’t, hence why the Chesapeake Medic wasn’t encrypted
Correct and the School Buses are due to come on line on the digital system this summer. so the Bus channels were probably being tested

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Correct and the School Buses are due to come on line on the digital system this summer. so the Bus channels were probably being tested
I feel like you might have very good intel on the school buses;)

vavolff

Transcending Shower and Curtain
Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong or there's better info now, I swear VBPD expressed going to full encryption after the last Greek Fest a couple or so years ago. PD brass wasn't happy about the online monitoring, and it was supposed to be a done deal by the time the first Something in the Water Festival came around. Obviously it didn't happen, did PD decide to wait a bit or was the encryption idea scrapped?

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong or there's better info now, I swear VBPD expressed going to full encryption after the last Greek Fest a couple or so years ago. PD brass wasn't happy about the online monitoring, and it was supposed to be a done deal by the time the first Something in the Water Festival came around. Obviously it didn't happen, did PD decide to wait a bit or was the encryption idea scrapped?
Last I’ve heard they’re waiting for funding, I think it was either the end of this year or end of next year

vavolff

Transcending Shower and Curtain
Premium Subscriber
Last I’ve heard they’re waiting for funding, I think it was either the end of this year or end of next year
That doesn't shock me, I could have sworn it was a done deal. But that was one of the local channels, this sounds a lot more plausible.
I will be interested to see what the new Chief's take is on it
This was going to be my next question, also interested to see the final decision. We've been pretty lucky on this side of the bay so far. We shall see! Thanks for the answers everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.