Not open for further replies.

kainixon2187

Premium Subscriber
On the smartnet system, I heard some interesting traffic on "VBCPS Garage Ops"

"Transportation to Mr Cradle"
"Go"
"Have you reached the deep creek exit?"
"I'm on the high rise bridge"

It sounds like this talkgroup is DOT or Public Works/Highways. Still questioning why they were in Chesapeake. Anyone might know what this channel is?

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Or the VBCPS Tow truck or service truck . it is the Schools Fleet Maint....Nothing is left on the smartnet system but Schools

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber

"Go"

It sounds like this talkgroup is DOT or Public Works/Highways. Still questioning why they were in Chesapeake. Anyone might know what this channel is?
Public works, the school garage and maintenance, and other city services are using the old analog trunk. The city hasn't gotten them radios for the digital trunk. VDOT is on STARS. For here, listen to OPS 5.

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber

"Go"

"Go"

The school systems has some active talkgroups on the digital trunk now. They along with all city vehicles are sometimes sent to specialized shops outside the city for repairs the garage can't do. I am in rescue, and regularly take units to shops in Chesapeake. There is, in fact, a diesel engine shop off Military Highway at one of the exits east of the High Rise Bridge that the city uses regularly.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Public works, the school garage and maintenance, and other city services are using the old analog trunk. The city hasn't gotten them radios for the digital trunk. VDOT is on STARS. For here, listen to OPS 5.
Incorrect sir, the only users left on the smartnet system are School buses and Bus garage ops. The remainder of city services, School Ops has moved to VB side of ORION and the gentleman you speak of is a bus mechanic

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber
Incorrect sir, the only users left on the smartnet system are School buses and Bus garage ops. The remainder of city services, School Ops has moved to VB side of ORION and the gentleman you speak of is a bus mechanic
Well, sorry, guess they are moving them over to digital little by little and I missed it. There are school transmissions on digital now too. Have they moved over as well? I do not listen to the old analog trunk anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.