Virginia EMS & HEAR Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Virginia, the HEAR frequency (155.3400).....Does it use a PL or is it CSQ? I'm thinking different hospitals use different PL's. Also, the statewide channel 155.205, does it use a PL or is it CSQ? Thanks

W4UVV

155.2050 mhz.

In Virginia, the HEAR frequency (155.3400).....Does it use a PL or is it CSQ? I'm thinking different hospitals use different PL's. Also, the statewide channel 155.205, does it use a PL or is it CSQ? Thanks

155.2050 mhz. comms should be all CSQ.

155.3400 mhz. comms are tone squelch unique to the area hospital programed in the radio. On rare occasions the hospitals do not respond for various reasons to include their radio volume control is turned too low or someone does not hear the ambulance calling. But most of the time the comms work ok.

resqpig

FYI...as far as Southwest Virginia (Roanoke area), I don't know of any squads that use HEAR or statewide. There are some outlying squads transporting to Roanoke Memorial that will use HEAR or med channels. Almost all squads use cell phones for contacting all area hospitals. Very few even have VHF radios in their units.

mikext

Beach general

EMS communications to Beach General are obtain by using the Va Beach Trunked system and entering the tg for VBGH.

K4APR

FYI...as far as Southwest Virginia (Roanoke area), I don't know of any squads that use HEAR or statewide. There are some outlying squads transporting to Roanoke Memorial that will use HEAR or med channels. Almost all squads use cell phones for contacting all area hospitals. Very few even have VHF radios in their units.

In the Roanoke area, you are going to find MOST ambulances cut to the chase by having a trunked radio for the Roanoke TRS or they use the UHF med channels. Either way, you are right, HEAR is basically not used there. Go a little south to the Montgomery Co. and southern areas and you will see HEAR used more often than not.

mikext

Post #6

You need to list all 4 control channels instead of the one freq you listed. Plus the appropriate Tg.

K2CPR

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if anyone has a listing of the med channel repeater locations with accompanying PL. NC has a nice map in their PDF with PL tones, but I can't find anything for Virginia. I'm in Reidsville, NC and I'm hearing a Med 10 repeater (462.975) with an open transmitter, PL 136.5. NC doesn't use that PL on their med system and I'm thinking it's a VA Med 10 repeater, maybe on a mountain in the Roanoke area. I'd like to identify which repeater it is so I can make the responsible party aware.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

W4UVV

VA EMS/HEAR Frequencies

Wondering if anyone has a listing of the med channel repeater locations with accompanying PL. NC has a nice map in their PDF with PL tones, but I can't find anything for Virginia. I'm in Reidsville, NC and I'm hearing a Med 10 repeater (462.975) with an open transmitter, PL 136.5. NC doesn't use that PL on their med system and I'm thinking it's a VA Med 10 repeater, maybe on a mountain in the Roanoke area. I'd like to identify which repeater it is so I can make the responsible party aware.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

----------------------

PM me.

John
W4UVV

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
For whatever its worth I seem to be seeing more and more P25 licenses including two more this week being issued for all three frequencies. 340, 400 and 280

Don't know if that is indicative of anything going into effect or just because they can.

Helicopters out of WV seem to use them analog coming into Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.