HP-1: Virginia project 16 project 25 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8902v

Premium Subscriber
Home patrol-1 scanner Will not pick up phase 1 p25 are phase 1 P16.
My Flrmware is 2.06 and Database up-to-date 8/14/ 2016. In the Roanoke city/ county of Virginia.
I can scan for several hours, but it will not pick up any channels .
I'm about 7 miles from the repeater and about 10 miles outside of roanoke city. I made a favorite list of phase 1 project 25. When you select that as a favorite channel to listen to it shows the number of channels. The database is loading up in to the scaner but still nothing comes through. We also have all the services turned on that we want to listen to.
I know the radio is working OK because I have a friend who has the same Scanner . He also cannot pick up project 25 or project 16. We can pick up all the surrounding counties but we cannot pick up anything off for project 25 or project 16.
I have also tried to pick Phase 1 project 25 by using the discovery mode. Putting in one of the control frequencies and let it run for a long time but never picked up a sound.
We just have never been able to pick up project 16 our project 25 any help would really be appreciated. We also know that you can pick these frequencies up because RadioShack has a handheld unit that works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.