Virginia skip questions from Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpaul71

Hi folks,

I've been enjoying some reception from Virginia today on 39 mhz. Wonder can anyone help answer some questions.

First one is about Allegheny County 39.5mhz - I heard two dispatches on this frequency - one identifying as "Warm Springs" the other as (what I think was) "Horse Mountain" (?) - can anyone confirm for sure that these are Allegheny County? The first had a PL of 141.3 while the second was 110.9.

Heres a recording of that one: 39.5 Alleghany County VA EMS 2011-11-14 1640.wav - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

Second question is about Police heard on 39.54 a dispatch called "1880 on SIRS" and asked them to contact Fort Pickett PD - anyone have any idea where this was coming from? I could hear the mobile weak and the dispatch very well.

Any help or information would be very interesting.

Best wishes from Ireland -

Paul Logan Mi3LDO

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Awesome! SIRS stands for State Interoperability Radio System (I'm pretty sure) and is simple CSQ analog communications on 39.54. All state Troopers have a low band radio in their cars on that frequency as do many local law enforcement agencies around the state so they can talk to each other easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.