Virginia State Police Division 2 P25 Programming on a 436HP Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIR024

BCT125AT, BCD436HP.
So ive had a analog scanner (BC125AT) for over a year and im really comfortable with programming and usage on it and recently I got a 436HP so I could access my local law enforcement to figure out my local PD is encrypted. I can still get VSP though but I dont have the frequencies or TGIDs and its all really complicated to me can anyone help/walk me through this? Thank you in advance!

reconrider8

vsp is small enough that you can just download the whole system into the 436 and run it no real programming needed for that. as badgerdog said just download sentinel and download vsp into the software and upload it to the scanner

fredva

Feed Provider
Here is a video on using the Sentinel Software:

Some specific info for you: Once you create a Favorites List for STARS (the system VSP uses), you will navigate through the database to Virginia, under there pick any county in Virginia, under the county choose Statewide, choose Virginia Statewide Agencies Radio System (STARS), choose your VSP talkgroups and sites, and append them to your Favorities List. It's important to remember that you'll need both the talkgroups used in your area and the nearest site (at a minimum). If you plan to travel with the scanner, you can get other sites and talkgroups as well.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Good advice, above. Just to add for Div 2, you'll need the Culpeper talk groups. The division is divided into different area offices and will use Culpeper 1 or Culpeper 2. So, depending on what county you are in, depends on whether they are on 1 or 2.

Badgerdog

So ive had a analog scanner (BC125AT) for over a year and im really comfortable with programming and usage on it and recently I got a 436HP so I could access my local law enforcement to figure out my local PD is encrypted. I can still get VSP though but I dont have the frequencies or TGIDs and its all really complicated to me can anyone help/walk me through this? Thank you in advance!
I looked up Page County, there were still PD talk groups that are not encrypted.

fredva

Feed Provider
I looked up Page County, there were still PD talk groups that are not encrypted.
That's true, and it's good that you pointed that out. I can't speak specifically about Page County, but from my experience, smaller communities don't get off their dispatch channel very often, and this dispatch channel is encrypted.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Page was Trbo but I think they are in the process of upgrading to p25

Status
Not open for further replies.