Virginia State Police STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTORHEAD3902

Towards the end of the initial roll-out, there was participation by local vendors, but initially, Big M corporate did installs. Even when local vendors participated, they did so under the guise and "flying the colors" of Motorola corporate.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't there have been a local company within the state that actually did the installation?
Both site development and subscriber installs were handled by Motorola as the intergrator. They do this for large accounts.

KI4AMD

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that Moto would involve itself so directly in a project like this. I'm looking for a vendor to contact for assistance on making a bid for my own agency's participation in the STARS network. As you can imagine, finding the information to get started has been a real challenge.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Cough Cough Radio Comm of VA Cough Cough

mpage

I worked for a company back in 2008 that was contracted to do all the vehicular installs for the STARS project. There were also other companies involved in QA and prep work.

K4NNW

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that Moto would involve itself so directly in a project like this. I'm looking for a vendor to contact for assistance on making a bid for my own agency's participation in the STARS network. As you can imagine, finding the information to get started has been a real challenge.

Are you back in Washington County, by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.