Virginia State Police Whistler TRX2 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I recently purchased a new Whistler TRX2 and downloaded the VSP Stars radio system from EZ Scan software and my location is set to off. On my old scanner (RadioShack Pro 197) connected by an outdoor antenna I could receive both Wytheville and Salem Divisions. On my new Whistler, I can only receive Wytheville, with the outdoor antenna connected. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

troymail

Silent Key
I recently purchased a new Whistler TRX2 and downloaded the VSP Stars radio system from EZ Scan software and my location is set to off. On my old scanner (RadioShack Pro 197) connected by an outdoor antenna I could receive both Wytheville and Salem Divisions. On my new Whistler, I can only receive Wytheville, with the outdoor antenna connected. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

Location setting for this probably does not apply... "Location" is associated with library imports and scanlist names.

Which sites did you have programmed?

The TRX will attempt to find and hold on the best received site that you have programmed. If you have a solid signal, it may never switch to another site.

To force scanning of multiple sites:

If you want to force the radio to scan multiple sites (even if not in range), the best thing to do is to use the duplicate option in EZ Scan to create multiple copies of the system.

On one copy, lock out all but a given site, assign all of the talkgroups, etc. to a specific scanlist.

Duplicate that system, lock out all but the 2nd site, assign all of the talkgroups, etc. to a 2nd scanlist.

anelson5004

Troymail: I used Fort Lewis, Buck mountain, Bull, White Oak, Peters, Potts, North Mountains, Sounding Knob, and Apple Orchard for Salem Division. For Wytheville, I used, Abingdon, Oakwood, Elkins Branch, East River mountain, Honaker, Dismal mountain, Beamer knob, Site 29 in Carroll County, Whitetop, Norton, and Jonesville. I am fixing to try what you suggested.

anelson5004

troymail: I tried your suggestion, with no success, I still only received Wytheville. Would data decode thresholds have anything to do with it, along with DSP level Adapt?

Status
Not open for further replies.