TRX-2: Virginia State Police Whistler TRX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I recently purchased a Whistler TRX2 scanner for Christmas. I am receiving Wytheville (Division 4) State troopers without any problem, but I am not receiving Salem (Division 6) State troopers at all, like I was on my old Radio Shack Pro 197 scanner. The Whistler TRX2 is connected by an outdoor antenna, as was my Radio Shack Pro 197 where I had both Wytheville and Salem. All my settings on the Whistler TRX2 are set to default, the Location setting on the Whistler TRX2 is off, and all required updates have been installed and are current. I downloaded the VSP Stars radio System using the EZ-Scan software that was provided on the micro SD card. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you
anelson5004
anelson5004@gmail.com

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like your Pro-197 is programmed differently than your TRX-1. Check and see what control channel you are monitoring on your TRX, if you don't already know. I think you will find the CC you are on does not regularly carry Division 6 traffic. You must have another CC that the Pro-197 was monitoring that did pick up 6th Div.

I believe I remember reading the other day you will need to enter a new system or scanlists (I don't know what Whistler calls them). You can create as many list for different sites/ CC's as you wish for the STARS talk groups. Just use one site/ CC for scanlist.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
You might check the same question you asked in the Virginia forum to which you received answers to.

As Tglendye states and I told you its likely its only scanning one site, the strongest, and therefore not scanning the sites with the other traffic on them. This is a big problem for latter RS, GRE, and Whistler scanners. They do not have Check all CC's options or stationary options like earlier scanners did.

I also told you how to solve said problem.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I thought this problem sounded familiar;)

Status
Not open for further replies.