Virtual control in ARC536HP PRO full version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hello All.

I was Live Chatting to someone at ScannerMaster and they pasted a link to instructions for Windows 7 users so that we can use the virtual control in ARC536HP PRO Full, but I seem to be having trouble with the instructions (neurological constipation on my part). If anyone could paste the link to the instructions Id really appreciate it. I mistakenly closed the window.

Thanks Sheldon.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have you did the "Register Software" by going to Help>Register then entering the license keys provided to you?

Have you downloaded the Windows Serial Drivers from the site below (if they haven't otherwise been provided)?

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

If you have any of the other ARC Pro products, VC for the 536 works pretty much the same way. . .

Also, many folks are finding the rear port with the 115200 setting to work better than the front port on VC.

se

Hi.

Still nothing happens...Would I be able to have you tell me every littlre setting that I would need set in order fror the Virtual Control to work?

Thanks Sheldon.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Let me give it a try.

First off, I'm using a prolific USB to Serial Cable adapter. That allows me to connect an "old time" serial cable into the rear port of my scanner. I've set this rear port to baud rate of 115200. This is set by Menu>Set Your Location>Set Up GPS>Set Serial Port>115200.

(Uniden recommends, at least for now, using the rear serial port for serial applications. There have been some issues with the front port jumping from serial port to mass storage, creating issues with things like VC).

Then I went into my Windows Device Manager to determine which com port is associated with the USB to serial adapter. In my case it is com8. See the red circled area on one of the attached images.

After that, I started ARC and turned on Virtual control. I went to the USB port area on VC and selected com8. Then I hit the start button. (After it was initially set up, subsequent re-starts of VC don't require comport selection or pressing start). See the yellow circled area on another image.

Even so often, there may be a comport conflict in the computer. Multiple programs may be attempting to access the same comport. Usually this is cleared with a computer shutdown and re-start.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Most likely if the device is shown in the Windows Control Panel, it is working.

Something else you could try is using the Windows Device Manager. Right mouse click on that icon circles in red. Go to Properties then click on the Hardware tab. Hopefully you will see in Device Status "This device is working properly". If not, then there is a troubleshooting there that could give you some ideas of what to do.

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
Turn scanner off then back on sometimes the scanner it's self needs to reset port.
When using a prolific chip and drivers always shut down computer never restart computer after installing, repairing, or downgrading drivers repeat again and again and again until it works or you can get this cable and never mess with that crap again

http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapt...DB9-Serial-Adapter-Cable-DCE-FTDI~ICUSB232FTN

Status
Not open for further replies.