ProScan: Virtual display not same as scanner

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
SDS 200 on Windows 11 and ProScan. Virtual display does not match the scanner. My "frequency" line shows up twice for some reason. Also, the server mute will not mute my computer even though there's a line through the "speaker" icon on the virtual display. My desktop computer runs ProScan to/from the scanner.Also have a laptop with same issue and same OS. NOT a ProSacn issue for sure (because RR would have been going crazy) but maybe a Windows issue? Tried a different ethernet cable, same results. Only basic computer knowledge here, any advice would be appreciated. Recorder and logging files are working. Reverted back to 20.0, same thing. Not sure when this began.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
I'll get the picture issues fixed this weekend. I'll schedule tech support (daughter) for a visit then re-post

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Its the 200. Also tried to do a "FTP Scanner Read" with no luck
Did it work before? It requires the comm. port(serial port or URL method) to communicate with the scanner. Also the scanner FTP read only account needs to be setup.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
File size too large. Dont see zip option either

I'll get the picture issues fixed this weekend. I'll schedule tech support (daughter) for a visit then re-post

Open Snipping Tool
For Windows 10
  • Select the Start, enter snipping tool, then select Snipping Tool from the results.
  • Press Windows logo key + Shift + S.

Then just right click on the snip, select copy, come back to the message, right click, paste.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Did it work before? It requires the comm. port(serial port or URL method) to communicate with the scanner. Also the scanner FTP read only account needs to be setup.
Yes Bob, worked fine for a couple of years. Done FTP Read before with no issues. Just got inside from plowing s*!w. Has to be a windows update that changed something. Or my cat that walked across the keyboard when i walked away.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes Bob, worked fine for a couple of years. Done FTP Read before with no issues. Just got inside from plowing s*!w. Has to be a windows update that changed something. Or my cat that walked across the keyboard when i walked away.
I hear a lot that a windows update did it. Can you troubleshoot this and find out why. Start with the scanner IP Assignment, and find out the IP address of the scanner. Next, compare the scanner IP address with that set in ProScan. Also go into the FTP settings and verify they are correct. If all fails then power cycle the scanner.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
The scanner IP is correct in ProScan as well as FTP screen. Power cycled scanner, rebooted computer and tried a different ethernet cable. Photo on right is Virtual

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-04 084956.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-04 084956.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-03-04 085037.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-04 085037.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 21

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the FTP Read problem
Do you see any messages when you attempt to do a FTP Read?
Did you verify the FTP read only account in the scanner is setup?
Perhaps temporarily disable any antivirus or internet security programs for a test.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Just now Test 1 - verified FTP name and p/word on scanner, power cycled scanner, FTP Read, no messages, no change.
Test 2 - disabled auto protect and firewall, closed ProScan, power cycled scanner, open ProScan - no change.
I'm currently using ProScan for recording and logging, not web server so no one is seeing this but me at home.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Attn ProScan Bob, as an FYI, the last Windows 11 Update had to do with .NET Framework.
Don't know if that helps or not. Looked it up and seems there is an issue with some apps and they have a build around supplied for IT people. Well out of my league. Again just an FYI

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Attn ProScan Bob, as an FYI, the last Windows 11 Update had to do with .NET Framework.
Don't know if that helps or not. Looked it up and seems there is an issue with some apps and they have a build around supplied for IT people. Well out of my league. Again just an FYI
It's always a Windows update. Can you provide a link or at least provide the same exact search terms you used.
Something on your computer is blocking the connection. I would advise to double check and triple check everything. I have to say triple check based on my experience.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Update: working properly now. My apologies to Windows, it was not them. After triple checking everything and reading the ProScan manual, still no change. So I brought the scanner to the desktop, physically connected them via USB and tried to read from scanner to Sentinel. Would not read, got message asking for SD card. Ejected and re-inserted the card, works normal. Never suspected that because most of the virtual was working. Something so simple but......EDIT: the display is normal. Mute server icon still plays when it shows "muted"

Last edited: