Visiting Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
I'll be in Boston for a few days next week (my hotel/work is actually in Revere). While I have the conventional stuff pretty much programmed in, will I be wanting the MSP Smartzone system or the Commonwealth Phase-2 system for more comms?

ecps92

The MSP SmartZone and select Zone/Site 05

If you happen to be interested in Cambridge or Massport (da Airport) you will want the Phase 2 - where 99% is actually Phase I

And keep in mind, Cambridge does patch most of the TRS traffic to UHF T-Band conventional frequencies

I'll be in Boston for a few days next week (my hotel/work is actually in Revere). While I have the conventional stuff pretty much programmed in, will I be wanting the MSP Smartzone system or the Commonwealth Phase-2 system for more comms?

garys

Premium Subscriber
How are you getting here, since Alaska Airlines discontinued the Seattle to Boston route?

BTW, the MSP TG you'll want for Revere is 33200 (A Patrol 2).

garys

Premium Subscriber
I only ask because I saw your location in your profile information. I found out, and made a bit of money, that Alask Air cancelled the Seattle - Boston route when a courier had to reroute at the last minute due to the discontinuation. I was just curious about your route.

ANC-PDX-BOS.

Thanks.

OceanNora

If you have any interest in business monitoring, the Industrial Communications and Enginnering, and Comtronics MotoTRBO systems have most of Revere's business traffic such as hotel shuttles and taxis. Site 1 for Comtronics and Sites 4 and 23 for the Industrial Communications and Engineering are your best bets.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
I only ask because I saw your location in your profile information. I found out, and made a bit of money, that Alaska Air cancelled the Seattle - Boston route when a courier had to reroute at the last minute due to the discontinuation. I was just curious about your route.

Methinks the courier lied a little?

https://www.alaskaair.com/flightstatus/submit/10-31-2016/12

https://www.alaskaair.com/flightstatus/submit/10-31-2016/736

https://www.alaskaair.com/flightstatus/submit/10-31-2016/24

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
If you have any interest in business monitoring, the Industrial Communications and Enginnering, and Comtronics MotoTRBO systems have most of Revere's business traffic such as hotel shuttles and taxis. Site 1 for Comtronics and Sites 4 and 23 for the Industrial Communications and Engineering are your best bets.

I will have to put those in one of my TRX-1s as well; thanks!

Last edited:

coolrich55

Lots of good listening on the public safety end in the Boston area. Not much encryption yet either which is a breath of fresh air. I believe only some college PD's are encrypted so far. Travel a little south to the Providence area and you'll find plenty of PD encryption. And you'll also find plenty of non encryption with departments that a fully capable to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.