Visiting CA in a couple of weeks, Repeaters for the trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahwg

I'll be heading out to the Golden state in a couple of weeks and was wondering the best way to plot out what ham repeaters will be in range on the way. I'd like to pre-program them rather than try to look them up on repeater book along the way. I'll be going from AZ to Pasadena, taking I-10 all the way through. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Basically, I'd like to be able to just program these repeaters into a bank in order of how I will be hitting them and just switch at predetermined locations. Hear in AZ we have the EAARS system of linked repeaters that will easily get you from New Mexico to basically anywhere in AZ, I'm assuming you have something similar there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I do this several times a year on biz trips to CA. However, have had the most fun by doing the following:
- Buy a Tytera MD-380 or MD-390 DMR HT (the MD-380 is around $100 brand new)
- Download the PAPA System codeplug that covers all of CA and some adjacent areas
- Load the PAPA codeplug onto your HT
- Have fun! Coverage is amazing and you get plugged straight into the global DMR voice networks in addition to all of the DMR networked repeaters in the PAPA System

PAPA System

plughie

I'll be heading out to the Golden state in a couple of weeks and was wondering the best way to plot out what ham repeaters will be in range on the way. I'd like to pre-program them rather than try to look them up on repeater book along the way. I'll be going from AZ to Pasadena, taking I-10 all the way through. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Basically, I'd like to be able to just program these repeaters into a bank in order of how I will be hitting them and just switch at predetermined locations. Hear in AZ we have the EAARS system of linked repeaters that will easily get you from New Mexico to basically anywhere in AZ, I'm assuming you have something similar there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The WIN System has broad but non-contiguous coverage in California. You can map grid squares along your route and plug them into RepeaterBook to fill your bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dahwg

I do this several times a year on biz trips to CA. However, have had the most fun by doing the following:
- Buy a Tytera MD-380 or MD-390 DMR HT (the MD-380 is around $100 brand new)
- Download the PAPA System codeplug that covers all of CA and some adjacent areas
- Load the PAPA codeplug onto your HT
- Have fun! Coverage is amazing and you get plugged straight into the global DMR voice networks in addition to all of the DMR networked repeaters in the PAPA System

PAPA System

The PAPA system.. got it.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Check out the Western Intertie Network (WIN System) at WIN System

They have great coverage in SoCal, AZ (mostly North and East), Southern NV, even TX and OK.

cmdrwill

Keller Peak covers from the Barstow area way down into San Bernardino. Sunset Ridge, repeaters cover most of the front range on the way to Pasamadonuts.

Take the 210 west from the 15 and that goes right into Pasadena.

The 'telco repeater' is downtown Pasadena.

Dahwg

Keller Peak covers from the Barstow area way down into San Bernardino. Sunset Ridge, repeaters cover most of the front range on the way to Pasamadonuts.

Take the 210 west from the 15 and that goes right into Pasadena.

The 'telco repeater' is downtown Pasadena.
Fantastic! Thanks for the info.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.