Visiting Hatteras

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
@murrayustud thank you! I think i have one set up for fire alerting, all fire talk channels, and then all pd. Will be in Kitty Hawk/Southern Shores border for the first week of August
You can receive all the Virginia stuff if you are up that way. I used to live north Kill Devil Hills and had a tall antenna back in the day, was able to pull in stuff 75+ miles.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
You can receive all the Virginia stuff if you are up that way. I used to live north Kill Devil Hills and had a tall antenna back in the day, was able to pull in stuff 75+ miles.
Everytime we travel and I try to set up a trunked system getting it to work is hit and miss or only a partial hit.
Seems like everytime we went to Ocean City Maryland they changed the entire trunking system so what worked year 1 didn't work year 2 and what worked year 1 or 2 didn't work year 3. Might as well use a phone app and put up with the 15 sec - 4 min delay.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Might as well use a phone app and put up with the 15 sec - 4 min delay.

You give up too easy, that's part of the fun in the hobby. If you follow or search the forums you can usually learn about changes and make the updates in your system. But, I understand your frustration and if a phone app works for you that's great.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
You give up too easy, that's part of the fun in the hobby. If you follow or search the forums you can usually learn about changes and make the updates in your system. But, I understand your frustration and if a phone app works for you that's great.
I don't use this as a fun hobby for the most part, I need to hear what's going on when I'm in my area to respond.
I'm not willing to spend hours trying to create a wheel; correct.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
i consider that fun and it keeps you on your toes as far as staying up to date on field programming and accessing systems
I understand. I just need to hear what I need to hear. I don’t need to know all the idiosyncrasies. Like a lot of us, I used to understand and be able to repair cars. Now I don’t even try to understand the new tech in them or fix them. I just need it to work

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
@bwhite I can't attach it here because RR Forums only allow certain types of files. Are you going to the outer banks soon and want to be able to use it?
I don't think we'll be back soon but I asked for the benefit of others. I could swear that RR gives a way to post files.
Can anyone advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.