Visiting Hatteras

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencerwww

Trunked systems exist in all bands, however what @spencerwww showed you is conventional P25.
Yea u will pick them up covental but like marine reosucers uses dare sherffic so its good to put all. Of it. I got sds and i had trobel. With my scanner wanting bypass digital signal but. Hopenu enjoy ur trip

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
After looking at the various guiding replies above, and not being all that geographically fluent in the various counties etc covering the outer banks I'm trying to digest the RR database related to the trunked systems. An initial question, I see where they mention 2 sites, Simulcast & Buxton.
Should I be programming both systems in to my scanner in diff groups? or just one or the other? We'll be spending much of our time between Avon (maybe Nags Head) and Hatteras. Thank you.
PS-should I be able to simply program in the control channel and my 996xt and 396xt will "know" what other frequencies to scan? or input all the frequencies; I suppose in the order listed. Thanx again

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Per chance, would anyone have a FreeScan file for the OuterBanks area that you are willing to share?
Thank you.

spencerwww

After looking at the various guiding replies above, and not being all that geographically fluent in the various counties etc covering the outer banks I'm trying to digest the RR database related to the trunked systems. An initial question, I see where they mention 2 sites, Simulcast & Buxton.
Should I be programming both systems in to my scanner in diff groups? or just one or the other? We'll be spending much of our time between Avon (maybe Nags Head) and Hatteras. Thank you.
PS-should I be able to simply program in the control channel and my 996xt and 396xt will "know" what other frequencies to scan? or input all the frequencies; I suppose in the order listed. Thanx again
Urnwelcome yea dare county is so wice. So the p25 will work better then uhf they use use but. I dont if i do im going geg software for mine

spencerwww

Sorry i got cracked phone i would put dare p25 system and covental in. Like for rangers but i getting sds software for.my scanner. But if u ordered a scanner u might be able order it through system are someone here can help im sorry about that

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Sorry i got cracked phone i would put dare p25 system and covental in. Like for rangers but i getting sds software for.my scanner. But if u ordered a scanner u might be able order it through system are someone here can help im sorry about that
I guess that explains why your replies are hard to read, cracked screen.
Yeah, time to fix that screen, about $150 at Bulbs & Batteries. Ha, a man of your means owning SDS scanners can afford it. smile.
I'll put in the trunked Dare system but it appears that is is laid out in RR 2 ways: Simulcast & Buxton.
Should I build both or just pick one or the other (prob simulcast) and go with that?
I only have to enter the control channel frequency, not all the other frequencies, right?
Thanx

spencerwww

Best buy might have them radioshack use to be the place to go but i would online. Maby u can find scaner store but im having lot money in to sds they dont come. With it like ndx or dmr

spencerwww

Oh. Sorry thanks. There place its phone company but its at the fiargrounds u can get crack fixed

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
@bwhite any luck with listening in DARE County? I'm going to Kitty Hawk for a week and want to program my G5. @murrayustud I guess I need one knob position for VHF alerting, and another knob position for everything else, just like we do in Wake County?

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
Yes! That’s what I did and also a position for lifeguards on 155.775 they cover Rodanthe to Hatteras. Pretty active this time of year.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
@bwhite any luck with listening in DARE County? I'm going to Kitty Hawk for a week and want to program my G5. @murrayustud I guess I need one knob position for VHF alerting, and another knob position for everything else, just like we do in Wake County?
I was only able to receive conventional but it turned out all the fire/ems was there. Since we were there in a nor’easter type thing that cut the Hatteras strip off from the mainland it was interesting. You couldn’t get out but land, water, or air transportation. Great for a very pregnant house guest. I’m continuing to battle with the vacation insurance company.

Status
Not open for further replies.