Visiting Indianapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

Hello Everyone!
On my way back home to Denver, I have a lay over in Indianapolis and wanted to enjoy some of your PS comms. I was wondering if someone could send me a UASD file for my 396? Thanks a bunch!

Viper43

If no one sends you one let me know and I'll send you one later today.

V

jfab

Viper 43, what is included in your download. I don't know what agencies are covered by the MECA 1 system, but I'm looking at mainly PS comms, and airport PS if I get really lucky! lol...thanks!

Viper43

Viper 43, what is included in your download. I don't know what agencies are covered by the MECA 1 system, but I'm looking at mainly PS comms, and airport PS if I get really lucky! lol...thanks!

I have all of MECA 1 plus all of Central In SAFET which has the surrounding counties PD & FD and ISP. FYI the airport is under MECA even though it is technically in Hendricks Co. Hendricks Co uses both SAFET and MECA.

V

jfab

I have all of MECA 1 plus all of Central In SAFET which has the surrounding counties PD & FD and ISP. FYI the airport is under MECA even though it is technically in Hendricks Co. Hendricks Co uses both SAFET and MECA.

V
Ok! If you could send it to me that would be great! PM for an email address!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
FYI the airport is under MECA even though it is technically in Hendricks Co.
The existing terminal and both runways are located entirely in Marion County. The new terminal is located entirely in Marion County. The new interchange for the new terminal is located almost entirely in Marion County.

Take a look at a satellite map of the area and draw an imaginary line due south from the intersection of U.S. 40 and Raceway Rd. That line defines the border between Marion County and Hendricks County. You will see the perimeter road that runs south from Bridgeport (which is in Marion County) past the former United Airlines maintenance complex. That perimeter road remains to the east of the imaginary line you extended south from Raceway Road. All of the airport is also east of that perimeter road.

Hendricks Co uses both SAFET and MECA.
For the most part, Hendricks County public safety agencies only use MECA when they are dispatched on a run in Marion County. Otherwise, all Hendricks County public safety comms are on SAFE-T (with the exception of some car-to-car chit-chat on their old VHF frequencies).

To the best of my knowledge, the former MECA talkgroups for Plainfield and Avon were deactivated long ago. That's a moot point now that MECA has gone to their digital system. The frequencies that were licensed to Plainfield that were being used for MECA in Hendricks County have been transferred to SAFE-T. Hendricks County dispatchers have access to the MECA CAD so they can see what Marion County units might be available for mutual aid and they have MECA talkgroups in their consoles so they can dispatch Marion County units on Hendricks County runs.

jerk

Hello Everyone!
On my way back home to Denver, I have a lay over in Indianapolis and wanted to enjoy some of your PS comms. I was wondering if someone could send me a UASD file for my 396? Thanks a bunch!

Do you want Indy Airport as well. Mil-air? Etc.
I don't monitor the system regularly, but I could do a .usd file quickly.

brentoli

Deactivated Duplicate Account
Banned

V
How is the Airport in Hendricks county.... when just last year Wayne Township, in Marion county, was complaining about not getting any property tax money from it?

W9NES

brentoli,You are right!!! All of the airport has always been in Marion County.When did the airport move to Hendricks County?The airport has always been in Marion County as long as I havew been paying taxes for the past 43 years of my life on the NW Side of Indianapolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.