Visiting Lansing: What TG's for MSP do i program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex4659

Hi all,

I will be coming up to Lansing to visit family and i want to know what control frequencies do i put in my xts2500 to listen to MSP in lansing? I see in the data base, Lansing is district 1 for MSP... If I'm not mistaking...

thanks,
Alex

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
how are you going to add in a trunk system you don't have the key to?

alex4659

by just putting the control frequencies in as conventional channels

Last edited:

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
um, you better edit your post. just mentioning that last part can get you jail time and a serious lawsuit.

as to the 1st, just putting the CC in will only get you those channels. if you are going to enter them as conv you need to put in all the licensed channels and accept that you may miss parts of the conversation as it changes channels.

alex4659

I just talked to buddy of mine and he will let me barrow his Uniden Scanner BCD396T i think is what he said???

Anyway, i dont no haw to program a uniden but was wondering is there a set of state wide control channels; primary and / or alternate?

Last time i was in frys electronics i was messing with a bcd396t and it said to enter control channels and the decimal format for the channels them selves... it could be different, but as far as I know, that what is said...

thanks,
Alex

i5adam8

I don't know exactly what you are interested in listening to,but if you want to listen to MSP units you would more than likely hear more traffic on the individual countywide TGs of the counties they patrol. The Lansing post patrols Ingham,Eaton, and Clinton counties so say MSP 1144 gets dispatched to an unknown accident on I-96 and M-52. Most of the time,all the the dispatch info would be sent to them on IC MAIN of the Ingham county public safety trunked radio system for that individual call. I'm not saying that their isn't anything interesting on the statewide TGs though,just saying if you are going to be in the Lansing area,you may want to monitor the county networks also.

Status
Not open for further replies.