visiting portage (porter co.) this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorboy

Premium Subscriber
hello can one hear chicago fd from portage ........and what system is porter county using for fire ems and police the old motorola system or is every thing on the hoosier safe-t p25 system .....thanks much in advance

Last edited:

WB9EMT

Occasionally you can hear Chicago PD from Portage. Porter county is still using analog VHF. Portage is on the P25 Safe-T, I believe.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Sheriff is VHF Conventional until the new sites are built, then they and all the rest of County Public Safety will go SAFE-T. City of Portage is on the SAFE-T.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
Sheriff is VHF Conventional until the new sites are built, then they and all the rest of County Public Safety will go SAFE-T. City of Portage is on the SAFE-T.

Actually MILF, Portage is not on Safe-T. Police and Fire still use their VHF channels for primary communications. Portage Fire will use Safe-T as a back up if their main freq goes down, but that's it.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
hello can one hear chicago fd from portage ........and what system is porter county using for fire ems and police the old motorola system or is every thing on the hoosier safe-t p25 system .....thanks much in advance

You can not hear Chicago FD from Portage, believe me I've tried...lol (I live in Portage). You can pick up some of the Chicago Police Districts along the south side of the city and the lake. No one in Porter County uses Safe-T on a full time basis at this time. Everyone is on the VHF channels that are listed in the DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.