Visiting Reno

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Some time in late August/early September I may travel to Reno. However, I'd like to get some additional information on the EDACS talkgroups there.

I've noticed that Reno PD has this channel architecture

Green
Yellow
Brown
Gray
Blue
Black

I see Green, Yellow, and Brown are labelled Law Dispatch but I'd like to understand better how this talkgroups are used in retrospect.

Reno Fire has a Red talkgroup (which could be dispatch), and a White talkgroup (not sure its use but I know all their other ones).

Sparks is also confusing. They have a "dispatch," and a Main 1 and Main 2 which are both "dispatch."

If someone could clearly explain the usage of these TGIDs, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Some time in late August/early September I may travel to Reno. However, I'd like to get some additional information on the EDACS talkgroups there.

I've noticed that Reno PD has this channel architecture

Green
Yellow
Brown
Gray
Blue
Black

I see Green, Yellow, and Brown are labelled Law Dispatch but I'd like to understand better how this talkgroups are used in retrospect.

Green is the primary dispatch for the central and north units (Charlies/Nora) and other units in those areas. Yellow is the south dispatch (Sam) and units in that area. I don't know the exact lines/streets they use for when to switch though. In the slower hours Yellow is usually closed then opened up a bit later in the morning. You may hear units switch over to the other channel during things like an officer investigating an open door or shots fired and the channel is "closed" so you may hear a "Nora" unit on Yellow until the other channel is open again. Brown and Gray are extra dispatch channels usually used for holidays like New Years Eve or special events like Hot August Nights. Black and Blue are tac channels. Blue is the primary one and Black is usually special units like SWAT for training.

Reno Fire has a Red talkgroup (which could be dispatch), and a White talkgroup (not sure its use but I know all their other ones).
RFD Red is dispatch. I have never, that I can remember heard anything on White.

Sparks is also confusing. They have a "dispatch," and a Main 1 and Main 2 which are both "dispatch."

If someone could clearly explain the usage of these TGIDs, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Sparks Main 1 is the primary dispatch, they use Main 2 when Main 1 is closed for officers in pursuit etc or for busier times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.