Visiting San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
I'm visiting and would like to monitor the area.

I'm mostly interested in fire. I'll definitly listen to the San Francisco TRS system.

What else would you recommend? You don't have to post links to the database, I know how to use that. I'm really asking about what agencies are worth listening to.

Thanks!

I did check for a thread like this, but didn't see one.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if you're only going to be in San Francisco proper, or the general area. I hear a lot of calls for the surrounding area on this Cal Fire freq:

151.4450 CT 156.7 Cal Fire Morgan Hill

SCPD

QRT
Oakland PD is across the bay, They are interesting! If you decide to use "Bay Area Rapid Transit" trains running through San Francisco and the East Bay, Check this Link http://www.bart.gov/index.asp. Leave your rental car at the hotel and use "Bart" fairly cheap and easy to get around. Hey you can even go directly under the BAY! Lots to Do and See!
Map http://www.bart.gov/stations/map/systemMap.asp Have Fun!

Last edited:

radio10-8

Hi Kenisned,
Your going to one of the most interesting departments in the world. They SFFD makes their own ladders out of WOOD! they stack them differently on the trucks too. You could see a non-osha approved leather helmet on a firefighter and did I mention they carry 2 tools still in use from the late 1800's? Yes they have 2 tools used 2 lift cable cars. If your interested in visiting a station or the carpentry shop or the comapny store. Send me a PM

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
radio10-8 said:
Hi Kenisned,
Your going to one of the most interesting departments in the world. They SFFD makes their own ladders out of WOOD! they stack them differently on the trucks too. You could see a non-osha approved leather helmet on a firefighter and did I mention they carry 2 tools still in use from the late 1800's? Yes they have 2 tools used 2 lift cable cars. If your interested in visiting a station or the carpentry shop or the comapny store. Send me a PM

Wow, that's a great offer! I only wish I had time to take you up on it.

I'm going for business and only for 2 days.

Wouldn't you know it, I have 1 night that I have nothing planned, and my boss is taking me out to dinner!

However, i'll be sure to bring my scanner and listen when I'm back in my room.

Thanks again.

Eng74

If you are staying in San Francisco the SFFD is always enough to listen too. Also don't forget about Alameda County, and San Mateo.

trooperdude

Database Admin
eclipsecivic2002 said:
Are there any online feeds of the San Francisco area?

I'm actually putting up a Teamspeak SF Fire Feed next weekend.

IceCast feed will follow.

Did the antenna work last weekend.

Just have to configure up the computer for remote-hands operation.

It will live at radio.scannerbuff.net:8767

All SFFD talkgroups, except Medics.

trooperdude

Database Admin
Stream is up on scannerbuff.net teamspeak server.

I'm still having some audio issues because of the remote log in software (hey it's on top of a mountain with wireless internet for access).

So while it's up and streaming, there are some audio issues I need to sort through over the next couple of days as time permits.

Pix when I remember my camera on the next visit. :D

Client SW
www.goteamspeak.com

Server:
radio.scannerbuff.net:8767

Make sure you register your nickname with the server and double click on San Francisco Fire.

tutorial is on www.scannerbuff.net

P.S. I don't like the audio from the 2053, so I may swap it out for my old 796D and see if it's any better. Getting a weird audio hum that I
think is from the scanner's audio circuit.

Give it all a few days to stabilize.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.