Visiting San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

don333

I will be visiting San Francisco in April of next year and have several questions I hope can be answered.
1. Will I have to progrm the entire 800 MHZ system for the FD or can some talkgroups be omitted?
2. Which are the busiest companies and which get the most fire duty?
3. Do any of the companies sell tee shirts and, if not, is there anywhere I can purchase one?
Thanks for your help.

Eng74

It wouldn't hurt to have all the talk groups for SFFD. You never know in a place that big when you can have several calls going at the same time. Which companies are the busiest depends, 2, 3, and 41 come to mind. I have heard that 2's sells shirts have not checked it they are in Chinatown.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Talk groups on the "A Bank" is mostly used along with B-15, B-16.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
1. Will I have to progrm the entire 800 MHZ system for the FD or can some talkgroups be omitted?
You only have to program the TGs you want. If you're using a GRE made scanner, make sure to close the bank so that you only hear what you've programmed. Scanners are limited to how many TGs you can program anyway.

If you're interested mostly in Fire, I'd either program them all or leave space where you can enter whatever you hear them using when you are there.

Fifty150

T-Shirts are commonly sold in Chinatown or along Fisherman's Wharf. Several to chose from. I "HEART" SF. Pictures with cable cars. Or just the collegiate style letters spelling out the name of the city. I like the restaurant menu font that spells out "CHINATOWN".

Just kidding. You'll be able to all the SFPD & SFFD stuff at the local GALLS Uniform store. They've got all sorts of t-shirts, sweatshirts, and caps that they can sell you. Funny how you can buy all the stuff you want to impersonate a cop or fire fighter, but they won't sell me a postal pith helmet so that I can be Curious George's keeper for Halloween. I always wanted to put on a pair of khaki shorts, a Banana Republic shirt, & USPS helmet, and trick or treat with a riding crop & monocle.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
The current contracted City FD supply store is Banner Uniform at 345 9th Street. They also have some T-shirts for sale. I was there couple of days ago.

Stations 1 and 3 are also busy companies.

Fifty150

That's right. The old Butler's Uniform location. I forget that The City tries to hand out those contracts to different bidders in order to be fair. We get our police equipment from Galls (which hired most of the old staff from Butler's).

Status
Not open for further replies.