Visiting Tulsa / Stillwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello group,
I'll be visiting your fine state on business later this week and was wondering what to expect from the state TRS system coverage into Stillwater. Any chance of reception from a mag mount in a 2nd floor hotel? (Likely not I would guess but...)

I'll likely program in the sites anyway surrounding the county but was just wondering what the locals think.

Regards,
Dave

K5MAR

You may be able to receive the Carney site in Stillwater, it depends on conditions, location, etc. The Stillwater/OSU/Payne County information in the database is pretty much current, and I suspect you'll find more to listen to on the local freqs while you're in Stillwater than the state TRS will provide.

Mark S.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Thank you Mark,
After programming in the TG's it would appear that it is not a very loaded system as of yet outside of the major metro areas.

Reegards,
Dave

K5MAR

That's right, Dave. When you are in Tulsa you will get a lot of traffic, but once you get west of Lake Keystone the relevant activity drops to near zero. In the Stillwater area it's pretty much all VHF and UHF. There is a planned 800 site for Payne County, but like many of the TRS sites the state carries licenses for, the actual construction date remains undecided. Anymore, I seldom even bother to turn on the Carney site in my scanner, very little activity occurs that pertains to this area.

There is an 800 simplex OHP C2C freq that I do hear traffic on locally, so punch in 855.9875 MHz simplex.

Mark S.

Status
Not open for further replies.