Visiting Wichita...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrngnmbr6

I will be in Wichita this upcoming weekend and plan on bringing my Pro-96 and BCD396T with me on the trip. I've been doing some reserch and I assume if I program the Wichita/Sedgwick County system and KSICS I should be good. My only question would be will I receive any KSICS towers from Wichita? I realize that are just coming online pretty much and things are changing often lately. Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated...

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
The Wichita KSICS tower is testing according to n0lqt but I wouldn't expect any real traffic on it yet. In fact, most of the KHP folks don't even have P25 capable radios installed yet. The Topeka tower was turned on a week or two ago and it has basically been silent.

wrngnmbr6

Thank you for the info....So I guess as long as I got the Wichita/Sedgwick County system programmed I should be good for the few days I will be there...

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
wrngnmbr6 said:
Thank you for the info....So I guess as long as I got the Wichita/Sedgwick County system programmed I should be good for the few days I will be there...
Indeed it will, I was in Wichita 2 weeks ago and the current data was working great on a 96 and 2096. BTW, could hear the system nearly to Rice County on KS route 96.

KSICS has a lot of activity on the I-35 corridor between Emporia and KC but none towards Wichita.

Status
Not open for further replies.