Visitor from California

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Hello Oregon Forum,

I'll be visiting the Portland area first week of June and I have a question regarding Portland PD freqs. I'll be staying in the area just North of Portland State University as well as the the "Concordia" neighborhood (at least according to my map?)

Can someone advise what precinct I should be listening to when in each of those areas?

cinsu

Early Welcome to Portland!

The PSU area is Central Precinct and Concordia and the surrounding area is North Precinct. The area around PSU is good listening sometimes as it is truly the heart of "keep Portland weird". Only word of advice is don't drive like the stereotypical Californian or if you have a rental car make sure they give you one without California plates!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
The PSU cops are on talkgroup 27056 and work all around in the campus area. They will, on rare occasion, also come up on PPB central net when city cops get calls related to PSU.

kma371

QRT
Thanks for the info. I'll be flying into Portland and taking the light rail to down town and back. $2.50 is cheaper than a cab ride.

Side note... Is there anything worth with checking out downtown? I'm only in that area one night and want to make best of it

jeremym70

Don't forget brewpubs and coffee places! Can't swing a cat and not hit one. I have 396XT Freescan files for Portland area if you need one

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
One place to visit if there's an event going on is what used to be called the Rose Garden (now Rose Quarter)

kma371

QRT
Don't forget brewpubs and coffee places! Can't swing a cat and not hit one. I have 396XT Freescan files for Portland area if you need one

Definitely hitting the pubs too. I'm going to McEnnimens Kennedy School for one night too. Heard good things about that place so I wanted to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.