Visitor from California

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Hello Washington Forum,

I'll be visiting the Seattle area the first week of June and I have a question regarding Seattle PD freqs. I'll be staying near University and 5th.

Can someone advise what Dispatch channel I should be listening to when in that area?

SCPD

QRT
Just make a standard 800 Mhz Type II trunk and punch in 868.175 Mhz for the CC and monitor away. You'll figure out the dispatch channels in no time.

3248 0cb A SPD WEST West Dispatch Law Dispatch Seattle Police
3280 0cd A SPD NORTH North Dispatch Law Dispatch Seattle Police
3312 0cf A SPD SOUTH South Dispatch Law Dispatch Seattle Police
3344 0d1 A SPD EAST East Dispatch Law Dispatch Seattle Police

If you want to do some Sea-Tac Airport monitoring then create another Type II trunk for Port of Seattle:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=618

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Hello Washington Forum,

I'll be visiting the Seattle area the first week of June and I have a question regarding Seattle PD freqs. I'll be staying near University and 5th.

Can someone advise what Dispatch channel I should be listening to when in that area?

Here in Seattle, they use a Motorola Smartzone network. Seattle-King County Public Safety Trunking System, Seattle, Washington - Scanner Frequencies. I don't know what they use where you're from, but you should be able to receive almost the whole system. Why don't you P.M. me if you have any further questions? If I knew where you were staying, I 'd give you the specific TGIDs. Leave your scanner open for now and you should get pretty much everyone on the system.

SCPD

QRT
HLeave your scanner open for now and you should get pretty much everyone on the system.

This isn't exactly true. Some TGIDs (local agencies) are specific to a home trunk site (usually relative to the agencies location.)

Example: If you want to hear Seattle PD then use the Columbia Tower (Site 1) trunk. If you want to hear King County Sheriff then it's best to use the Valleycom (Site 6) trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.