Visitor to Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
I will be in Toronto in two weeks time. I have noticed that there are two systems listed for TPS and TFS, which one is current the conventional or the trunked?
Also are the OPP and the RCMP still conventional?
I am using a BCD396XT and FreeScan software.
I am looking forward to my vacation in Toronto and having my scanner along would make it that much better.
Thanks,
Frank
PS I am taking the Canadian to Vancouver. What are some good RR frequencies?

derevs

TPS, TFS & EMS are on the Toronto Public Safety trunked page.

OPP, EMS services in Ontario and other provincial services are on Bell FleetNet Zone 1 around the GTA and southwestern Ontario.

RCMP mostly encrypted.

Don't monitor RR and cannot supply info. The best bet is to look up the freqs for CNR & CPR on RR. They may however change from area to area.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
TPS, TFS & EMS are on the Toronto Public Safety trunked page.

OPP, EMS services in Ontario and other provincial services are on Bell FleetNet Zone 1 around the GTA and southwestern Ontario.

RCMP mostly encrypted.

Don't monitor RR and cannot supply info. The best bet is to look up the freqs for CNR & CPR on RR. They may however change from area to area.

You may want to make separate systems for the EMS, Police and Fire Services, Toronto is an incredably large city and it is pretty much impossible to monitor all the systems at once. You can probably monitor the areas of the city that you are in like downtown police divisions, the fire stations downtown, etc.

There are 4 towers for the Toronto system, for sure put in the one that says First Canadian Place, you can put in the other control channels for North West and East ends respectivly and the First Canadian Place tower does a pretty good job I find where I work near the airport in the NW.

The Provincial Police (OPP) and suburban EMS systems are on Fleetnet Zone 1. If you are travelling by train you can make systems for Zone 4, then 3 then Zone 1 to listen to stuff along the way.

The Fleetnet towers in the Toronto area are Mowat, Brittania (West end). King City (North burbs) and Whitby (east). If you are close to the lake you can probably monitor Niagara Falls Skylawn and Fonthill.

Status
Not open for further replies.