Vista not finding 396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

trafficdan

Premium Subscriber
I need some guidance with a problem I am having with my 396t.

I just bought a new Vista machine (I know, its brutal). I can't get my 396t to connect to either ARC396 software or the Uniden control/programming software. I am using the USB cable directly to the port on the side of the scanner and both programs say the com port is in use. I have re-booted the machine and uninstalled the USB ports and let them re-install. Still nothing.

I also tried to change permissions on the program and folder so I had full rights. Still nothing.

I thought it was a bad cable but got the firmware 2.00.07 to reinstall. I went and tried the scanner and wire on another Vista laptop I used previously and it worked fine. My only issue there is the laptop is broken and I need to program on the fly sometimes. So I won't be keeping that machine running.

Just looking for some ideas.

mdbrower

Are you using Vista 32 or 64 bit? Did you install the Vista driver for the USB-1 cable? It is on the Uniden website.

trafficdan

Premium Subscriber
Home premium...believe 32bit. I re-installed the driver off of scanner master's site. Couldn't find it on Uniden.com

greenstuffs

I would say clear all the drivers you have already installed and go through the process of add new device and vista may find a driver while doing all that with the device on and have windows look into the driver's library if not you can specify the location and try again.

trafficdan

Premium Subscriber
I finally found the COM ports in the device manager and made it com 1....presto....it works. Thanks to all that offered suggestions.
Dan

PS Vista SUCKS!

KC0NYF

Ok i am having the same problem, I purchased the ARC396 software and have the direct USB cable, ARC396 can not find or detect scanner, I have changed com ports etc, My other problem is bc tool which is was using and working states that my BCD396 will not do APCO25?? Dose any of this make any sense to anyone??

Thx

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.