Vital Link EMS Tones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OK, I know Vital Link has AWIN radios, and they have VHF conventional.. If they still use the VHF dispatch repeaters, could someone log the PL/DPL tones in use and submit them please.

wbswetnam

155.385 is the dispatch frequency with DCS 412 in Independence County. I have never heard them on AWIN except on Traumacomm.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
OK, I know Vital Link has AWIN radios, and they have VHF conventional.. If they still use the VHF dispatch repeaters, could someone log the PL/DPL tones in use and submit them please.

Correct (above this reply) - they use the AWIN radios to report to TraumaComm as required. Everything else is on their VHF radios. I'll try to set up a scanner to monitor them for the other tones on the other channels they have (I usually only hear them on the .385 channel, as well). I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks milf!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I see that tones have been updated in the database now for all 4 Vital Link EMS frequencies. If you're programming them in, make sure you enter the frequencies correctly (I see a couple of posts in this thread listing a frequency but they aren't exactly correct... I think you were both meaning 151.1525). Anyway, check the tones and update according if you want to monitor Vital Link EMS/Ambulance Service.

NOTE: Currently the edits were done under Independence County...I believe they will be updated elsewhere in the near future.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Also remember,.. That on older scanners even though the display "chops" frequency displayed by using only 3 decimal places and by rounding the 4th in VHF, still enter the exact frequency. It will pick it up even though it is not displayed correctly. The GRE/Radio Shacks started fixing this issue with the PRO-96/2096's, PRO-97/2055's etc... And this was improved in the newer generations so that now, even the Federal VHF's are displayed properly. FEED PROVIDERS TAKE NOTE! Please in your information on frequencies for feeds, list the proper frequencies not the old cut off display frequencies. It keeps everyone from being confused. All this will be even more important as VHF goes to the next phase of narrowbanding in a few years ... So we will go from 155.6100, to 155.6175, to 155.61725 type freqs. Hopefully the technology of scanners keeps up and we can continue to see the proper freqs displayed when monitoring. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.