Voice Activated Recording Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTJustice

I just joined this forum. I did take the time to search for my answer, but a lot of the software download links no longer work and searching Google and Bing for the last known filename to find a download link didn't help.

As has been asked hundreds of times before, I need VOX software to save recordings.

However, I also need something that can...

- Auto-save recordings after the transmission ends.
- Timestamps the recording name.
- Logs recordings and can replay them.
- Options for sound quality.

It seemed like VoxToFile was the answer but I cannot find a download link that works for it anywhere.

BTJustice

Just a scanner hooked up to the LINE IN port on my computer's sound card. I run Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
I used a freeware program made by a British fellow called Xcorder. Works awesome.

BTJustice

I have a Sprint phone and tried using Scanner Recorder Home Page to record the audio of the driver I was following. It kind of worked, but it saves everything as one file. I am looking from something that saves multiple files with the date and time in the file name.

Adenosine

Here is Vox just because every now and then someone asks. Old thread

I don't think it will do what you wan't. The program only saves 1 file for the sound device. It will create a text file of time stamps so you can cross ref to find stuff, which I have done.

I would agree with earlier posters, if your recording Freqs from Uniden scanner, ProScan is it.

Last edited:

rbm

I have a Sprint phone and tried using Scanner Recorder Home Page to record the audio of the driver I was following. It kind of worked, but it saves everything as one file. I am looking from something that saves multiple files with the date and time in the file name.

I've been using ScanRec for years.
A few years ago I upgraded to ScanRec PRO.
SR-PRO gives you a lot of flexibility in creating and naming your log files.
You can sort the log files, or extract only the frequencies you want to listen to on playback.

The following shows a sample for one of my logged scanners.
(I'm currently logging seven scanners plus my online feeds.)

R7-2 = Computer #7, second instance of SR-PRO
Binghamton = Agency being logged
It creates one file for each hour synchronized with the top of the hour. (24 per day)
It appends the date/time in the file name.
A sample log file is named: "R7-2_Binghamton_20120229-110000-005"

Last edited:

BTJustice

I am still using an old Radio Shack scanner. No computer hook ups on it. Just speaker cable going to LINE IN.

Thanks for the replies, but I am starting to think none do what I am looking for.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I see in ScanRec Pro (rbm's post): "One File per VOX event"; is that what you're looking for?

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Does anyone have a link to download the pro version of ScanRec? I've attempted to purchase it, and the PayPal link returns an error, and MANY emails to the author have gone unanswered.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
I'm use Abyss Media's Multi Channel Recording System with good results. It allows extreme flexibility in how files are labeled, timestamped, etc. It also allows the user to adjust many other configurations related to the VOX recorder. Free trial version online.

Abyssmedia Multi-channel Recording System (MCRS)

Jim

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Has anyone found a simple way to automatically convert the .wav file to .mp3 using lame or lame.exe and upload them into a folder while running ScanRec Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.