VOICE ALERTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Hello Everyone this for for the Scanner users who are in Calgary and Monitor CFD (Calgary Fire Department) Just quickly has anybody herd the UHF Voice Alerts conventional frequencies for CFD in use this month ( March or last month February) ? I haven't herd any voice alerts on those freqs this month or last month anybody else herd anything on those two frequencies ?

A

Ambulance2014

Robert Mac are you hearing the voice Alerts on the 2704 CFD talk group on Calgary Digital Radio for the alerts?

A

Ambulance2014

I am just confused to what channel everybody is hearing them on as I have never herd the voice alerts for Calgary CFD. There is the standard Conventonal UHF channels and than there is the Calgary Digital Radio CFD Autmated Talkgroup Voice Alert Channel 2704, just want to clarify what channel or system everybody is hearing them on ?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Redwood Meadows doesn't use the Voice Alerts channel. If you hear Redwood units referenced, it's likely because the dispatcher is "multi-selecting" - transmitting on both Voice Alerts and Redwood's channel at the same time. This is done to simultaneously dispatch Redwood and another station (typically a Rockyview hall like Elbow Valley or Springbank).

This thread has a post in it - actually, immediately above the post you made this morning, Ambulance2014 - that says that the main alerts go out over computers directly to the loudspeakers in the stations.

MrVelvet

3 level system as other have pointed out.

1 - Direct to station
2 - TG 2704
3 - Conventional frequencies (Rotart Park and Spy Hill)

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Voice alerts on UHF were active around 1400 hours on 2014 Mar. 14. But it was just a couple of times [mind you I did not sit on the frequencies, just heard them while scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.