• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Voice Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to find a website that's great for making voice announcements with and convert them easy to MVA file for a apx 6000.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I have tried it but every time it says failed. I am lost on how to do it if someone has step by step would be help or email me.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I downloaded a free screen recorder, created a voice file and go through the conversion process and posted the video on you tube. Sorry for the quality but I didn't have time to figure out all the settings and I wanted to get the instructions up asap.

https://youtu.be/Das9WsZMAmQ

N1GTL

Database Admin
I've been using goldwave. Works perfect.

I've heard of that but since I've been an Audacity user for a while, I use that. I believe you can batch process the files in gold wave to do them all at once. I'm not sure if Audacity offers that.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
When I click on compress it pops up an error message stating no voice files found check voice.txt? I followed the instructions in the above video.

Last edited:

N1GTL

Database Admin
When I click on compress it pops up an error message stating no voice files found check voice.txt? I followed the instructions in the above video.

As demonstrated, it worked fine. Is your voice file longer than the 3 second limit? You will get that error message if the wav file does not meet the settings requirement. The APS CPS will not see the file even though it is there because it doesn't meet the criteria. Right click on the wave file and check the properties. Make sure it is 16-PCM and 8000hz.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
As demonstrated, it worked fine. Is your voice file longer than the 3 second limit? You will get that error message if the wav file does not meet the settings requirement. The APS CPS will not see the file even though it is there because it doesn't meet the criteria. Right click on the wave file and check the properties. Make sure it is 16-PCM and 8000hz.

I'm using the Astro P25 CPS for my XTS 5000. How do I assign the voice announcements to the frequencies I have for my code plug?

N1GTL

Database Admin
Curious as to what you used to make your screen capture ?

A free program called "Icecream Screen Recorder". Free version, 5 minute max which is why I went fast. I didn't spend much time to test quality as it was 11:00 p.m. and I just wanted to get the OP the instructions quick.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'm using the Astro P25 CPS for my XTS 5000. How do I assign the voice announcements to the frequencies I have for my code plug?

I don't have the Astro software loaded on this computer and will be on the road working for a couple days. I'll check after but maybe someone else will chime in.

Did you successfully make the voice files? If not, PM me your e-mail and what you want the announcements to say and I'll try it and send them to you to see if it works.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I don't have the Astro software loaded on this computer and will be on the road working for a couple days. I'll check after but maybe someone else will chime in.

Did you successfully make the voice files? If not, PM me your e-mail and what you want the announcements to say and I'll try it and send them to you to see if it works.

I got all the voice files added. One of the wav files didn't work so I had to re do it and now I have all the voice files added to my radio. I appreciate the help! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.