Voice Call Recording Options In DSD+ FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkillins

I have DSD+ FL set to Per-Call Recording in the output settings, and in the control settings, I have voice/data call following selected, set high priority override for new talkgroups, and normal handling of both group and private voice calls.

With these settings I am obviously getting all the voice transmissions received saved as an .mp3 file in on my harddrive. This is filling up my harddrive quite a bit, and every so often I have to purge the files to free up space. I'm really only interested in recording the activities of new, or rarely used talkgroups, as I run the system all day and night and would like to be able to go back and listen to just those transmissions.

1 - Is there a means to automate the purge of recorded files ... either by setting a size limit or holding period expiration (ie set a number of days to maintain, and on startup for instance, remove any days worth of recordings older than that threshold?)
2 - Is there a means that I can record only certain talkgroups, or avoid recording certain talkgroups, so that only those new or rare talkgroups are recorded when active, rather than filling up the drive with lots of redundant information

a417

1. you can do it from within windows, quite easily. Here's the link to the winaero page. The following command in a batch file
    Code:
    forfiles /p "R:\dsdoutput" /s /d -30 /c "cmd /c del @file"
    which is run as a scheduled task every night at 0100 by Windows, deletes all files older than 30 days in my mapped drive that stores DSD output.
  2. I run a "scanner" instance of DSD that has known talkgroups that doesn't record, and a "find cool s***" instance of DSD that records every TGID that I don't have yet identified or new channels. One records those oddball TGIDs and has local audio muted, one doesn't record and has local audio. Cost to me was a second dongle and a coax jumper.
(sidebar) As you are most likely using -P(TRB)mp3 as a flag, are you also using -O NUL?

rkillins

Thanks !# for these suggestions! I'll give them a try ...

(sidebar) As you are most likely using -P(TRB)mp3 as a flag, are you also using -O NUL?

I am pretty new to DSD+ and sorry, I don't quite know what you are meaning with this. :unsure:

a417

DSD loves to make a GIANT blob of a wav/mp3 file in it's default directory that gets upwards of gigabytes very quickly when monitoring a busy system. Passing DSDplus the flag dsdplus -O NUL, like that...prevents it from doing the blob file.

the -PTmp3 is the older way of telling it to record per-call transmissions, talkgroup added, in mp3 format. This can also be done by the GUI.

rkillins

Ahhh .. ok. I will add that flag to my dsdplus bat. Most of my setting are done in the GUI now! A great improvement IMO.

racingfan360

Ahhh .. ok. I will add that flag to my dsdplus bat. Most of my setting are done in the GUI now! A great improvement IMO.

Another option would be to create a simple .bat file (sample contents below) to run against all of your per-call mp3 files, and use the power of robocopy to filter what you need. It assumes DSD+ located in the C:\DSD+ folder, writes to x3 D: drive destination folders.

robocopy C:\DSD+\Record\ /S D:\Destination1 *GC_11* /mov
robocopy C:\DSD+\Record\ /S D:\Destination2 *GC_12* /mov
robocopy C:\DSD+\Record\ /S D:\Destination3 *GC_13* /mov

In this example it will extract recordings using Talkgroup 11, 12 or 13 calls only and ignore the others.
Obviously you can tailor as per your needs
You could run this as a scheduled task.

If you wanted to then clean up/delete all the other per-call files, add the following line to the end of the bat file.
rmdir C:\DSD+\Record /Q /S

Status
Not open for further replies.