DSDPlus Voice Chatter Degraded in p25p1 After Updating to DSDPlus 2.228 (DSDPlus and FMP24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

octohber

I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue where the trunked audio from p25 phase 1 frequencies has become so choppy it's nearly impossible to listen to them?

Prior to 2.228, using 2.212 and without using any shaping filters or noise filters, the audio was very decent. After updating to 2.228 it became unintelligible.

I've tried changing tower sites, tried using a different system (BEE00.1F3 vs 9254a.00A), tried using dsdtune, running it 6 different times over various time-length recordings, and the two different noise filters built into dsdplus, but none of that tweaking has helped at all.

I wanted to make sure nothing had changed on my setup so I downgraded to 2.212 again to test, and it works great. Move back to 2.228 and unintelligible audio again.

I've double-checked to ensure that the data coming in is p25 phase 1, not phase 2.

Looking at the event windows (using 2 sdr's) it almost appears as though I'm getting premature channel release messages in the middle of the voice calls with 2.228. The signal is excellent and there are very very few errors seen, if at all - both the CC sdr and the VC sdr show little to no errors - I would say a single error every fifteen seconds or so - usually a crc fail or the odd ERR1.

I reverted back to 2.212 again and it's working great, and with or without using the dsdtune numbers.

So I ask, is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

zerosix

I have this problem with DMR since the last updates.. not p25.. but very similar. Did you resolve it by any chance?

octohber

My solution was to switch to a single dongle for a while instead of using two. I don't understand why, but that cleared up the audio issue. Once the 2.235 update was released I was able to go back to using the two dongles as the issue I had disappeared with the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.