Voice Control Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr57001

I need to build a Serial->TCP Bridge for my particular application with Trunker. I will be constructing a virtual serial port with software. For voice following, does unitrunker expect anything back from the "radio" in order to function properly?

SCPD

QRT
I need to build a Serial->TCP Bridge for my particular application with Trunker. I will be constructing a virtual serial port with software. For voice following, does unitrunker expect anything back from the "radio" in order to function properly?
The program may or may not expect something back - it depends upon the radio. Some radios report status after every command. If the radio is confused or not responding - the program will attempt to reset the connect and reset the radio to a known operating mode. Some radios require certain pins to be set high or low. Some radios use the CTS pin to indicate squelched audio.

If you can at least pass data in both directions - you're off to a good start. The Uniden models and some of the non CI-V radios should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.