• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera Voice Crypt Firmware for Tytera MD380

greg7858

Hi all,

Have you ever tested the FRI Voice Crypt for MD380? Basic privacy keys can be changed directly in the MD380 without having to use cable and CPS.

link active for 7 days, too big to join in this post.

doriboni

I tested it works great with:

tyt md-380/390 UHF (not VHF) with and without GPS (not the md-UV380/md-UV390)
Retevis rt3 UHF (not the RT3S)

They can be found on alibaba.com and amazon.com
like :

The firmware supports Motorola Basic Privacy, Tytera AES-128, RC2 and PC4.
You can change the keys in the radio without having to use the cable, you can also use a password instead of a hexadecimal key.
You can change Motorola's basic privacy keys by typing them into the radio or by using the up and down arrows to change the key.

Great firmware !

Last edited:

Louie7

I tested the PC4 and RC2 encryption with two MD380s with a friend, it works great. The sound is good, if you don't have the right key you can't listen. I tested with dsd-fme to check if the frames were well encrypted and they were.

If the Dropbox drive disappears, the firmware is also on archive.org :

dixoncfj123

I tested it works great with:

tyt md-380/390 UHF (not VHF) with and without GPS (not the md-UV380/md-UV390)
Retevis rt3 UHF (not the RT3S)

They can be found on alibaba.com and amazon.com
like :

The firmware supports Motorola Basic Privacy, Tytera AES-128, RC2 and PC4.
You can change the keys in the radio without having to use the cable, you can also use a password instead of a hexadecimal key.
You can change Motorola's basic privacy keys by typing them into the radio or by using the up and down arrows to change the key.

Great firmware !
Do we know why this doesn’t work with the vhf versions?

doriboni

Do we know why this doesn’t work with the vhf versions?
Not enough RAM to support the firmware according to what we find as explanations on the net. But if you have a VHF MD380, you can try installing it and tell us the result?

Last edited:

ECB85

Hello, thank you for this new Firmware for the TyT, single-band models, but the problem it presents, or rather, what I have tried, is that it does not work with networks activated with Ras. thanks and regards.