Voice De-scramblers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

It more then likely needs a key card...since they have scrapped the cars the key code has changed multiple times and even if you could change it ( you don't want too trust me) they could recode there radios the next day and your back to square one.
To the last poster ,normally only one person has that programing capability so the radios would not have come with anything...they just changed the code and the scrapped radios are "Donald ducked" LOL. Best advice monitor the clear channels and leave the rest alone.

Surprised the radio wasn't discovered lost/stolen and "stunned" useless by OTA programming. Now if the radio I.D is in the system and the scrambling/encryption system used over the air re-keying, then the radio would be able to decode the scrambled transmission. If it is a simple donald duck inversion board they normally have to be manually switched to clear and secure. There normally is no auto decode function for fixed inversion scramblers either. You would have to put it in scramble mode to decode an incoming scrambled message in which case a button or switch on the radio is designated as the scrambler control for ON/OFF. Furthermore, in my opinion, fixed voice inversion is NOT encryption. Encryption involves algorithms and is fairly complex. Any agency these days that wants private comms, they are using the digital stuff (DES,AES). They dont even mess with analog scrambling. Not even the better rolling code stuff.

bayoubrut

Surprised the radio wasn't discovered lost/stolen and "stunned" useless by OTA programming. Now if the radio I.D is in the system and the scrambling/encryption system used over the air re-keying, then the radio would be able to decode the scrambled transmission. If it is a simple donald duck inversion board they normally have to be manually switched to clear and secure. There normally is no auto decode function for fixed inversion scramblers either. You would have to put it in scramble mode to decode an incoming scrambled message in which case a button or switch on the radio is designated as the scrambler control for ON/OFF. Furthermore, in my opinion, fixed voice inversion is NOT encryption. Encryption involves algorithms and is fairly complex. Any agency these days that wants private comms, they are using the digital stuff (DES,AES). They dont even mess with analog scrambling. Not even the better rolling code stuff.

So what does that mean? Next time they go code should I just start pressing buttons to see if it works? Maybe I need a microphone plugged in or does that not even matter?

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
First, I will say that it doesn't sound to me like you obtained the radio illegally. The cars were purchased legally and the radios came with them. Equipment gets left in squad cars all the time when they are retired. Ive seen radios left in squads several times. I've also seen them with lights and sirens still in them, they just had the switch panels taken out and all the wires stuffed up under the dash. That's just encouraging whackers if you ask me since anyone can go to the auction and buy these cars, although around here most of them get bought by taxi companies.

The answer to your question is still no, even if they are just using voice inversion. It is a violation of federal law to decrypt ANY type of encrypted transmission if you are not the intended recipient, and voice inversion is a type of encryption. Even if the radio was able to decrypt it, it would still be illegal for you to listen.

The situation is the same for other types of communication like cordless and cellular phones or any other communication where there is a "reasonable expectation of privacy." It's illegal to listen to them even though you can legally own a radio that is capable of picking up the signal.

Last edited:

bayoubrut

I suppose you also have a legitimate excuse for violating federal law by listening to cordless phones, too.

:roll:
I do not listen to them on purpose, it just picks them up randomly. Do you have a legitimate excuse for being a jerk? So we are even....

D

DaveNF2G

Encryption uses an encryption algorithm and one or more encryption keys, therefore how can simply 'flipping' the audio to invert it be classed as encryption?

That is how digital encryption works. That is not the legal or technical definition of encryption, however.

Voice inversion scrambling is analog encryption.

D

DaveNF2G

I do not listen to them on purpose, it just picks them up randomly. Do you have a legitimate excuse for being a jerk? So we are even....

Look, this whole thread has been about your attempt to discover a way to do something illegal with a radio that it appears, at least, was obtained illegitimately. You have done nothing to counter the impression that you are operating without regard for relevant communication regulations or even criminal statutes.

Every time you add a new post to the thread, you make yourself look even more suspicious.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
This thread should be locked the bottom line is that you can not decode there encryption.Even if it is voice inversion it is still against the law.

So the basic answer is no there is no way for you to decode it.

I see no reason to give details on voice inversion scrambling or digital encryption when there no reason he should be using it.

af5rn

Then there is always this...

Forum Rules said:
Do not become the internet police, and do not assume the role of a moderator. If you see a thread that needs attention, discusses illegal activities, or is otherwise problematic, click the Report Post link and let the moderator know. Do not tackle these issues yourself.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
If you ask a question that violates US law expect to get these types of answers. If you can't hack it, don't ask them!

Status
Not open for further replies.