• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Voice Files in XTS5000 Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardc63

Hi,

I'm wondering if many have used this feature & if so how many voice files have you included in your profiles?

Today I discovered a few issues as I need to include almost 250 voice files but the radio would not accept more than 150 due to a 300kByte memory limit. If anyone has some tips on this issue it would be much appreciated but in the mean time I'm working with Moto to see if we can resolve it.

Cheers,

Richard

MDFR_TCOMM

In our department we have over 20 zones and for the same reason you are encountering, I advised our R+D and safety divisions only to assign the channel announcement to key operational zones. This was imperative when the radios were placed under the bunker gear. We have had this setup for over two years and besides some issues pertaining to commander microphones, everything works.

I wonder how the "block memory" assigned to the Q446 or within Q806 is slated just for announcement. When you get your answer, I would like to know also.

AP

richardc63

MDFR_TCOMM said:
In our department we have over 20 zones and for the same reason you are encountering, I advised our R+D and safety divisions only to assign the channel announcement to key operational zones. This was imperative when the radios were placed under the bunker gear. We have had this setup for over two years and besides some issues pertaining to commander microphones, everything works.

I wonder how the "block memory" assigned to the Q446 or within Q806 is slated just for announcement. When you get your answer, I would like to know also.

AP

AP,

For now the news isn't good- definitely limited to 150 voice files. We have lodged a request with them to enhance this feature & there is apparently a review of the memory block assignments going on. We'll see what happens as we have a few major agencies over here wanting it in their XTS5Ks.

Cheers,

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.