Volume Control BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1JGE

Premium Subscriber
The one thing I notice is the difference in the dispatcher volume even though the signal strength is max out. Is this something that I have to live with or is there a speaker mod?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is very poorly written. Difference from what? What dispatcher? Where? Do you have your AGC set up? Is this frequency really a narrow banded one? What is the frequency?

Please, a bit more detail here is needed before anyone can intelligently respond

Mike

starwtc

If you are tracking a trunked system and you label the "radio ID's" you can turn volume up or down for each radio, it works a lot better on a P25 system as the analog radios don't release their ID as quick a P25 radio. If just listening to conventional system there is no way to separate one radio from another, exe. dispatch to unit one on conventional both volumes would change the same but P25 trunked if dispatch is lower (or higher) you can adjust it from each unit radio. Usually just the dispatch ID would need the volume off set adjusted on a trunked system.

N1JGE

Premium Subscriber
This is very poorly written. Difference from what? What dispatcher? Where? Do you have your AGC set up? Is this frequency really a narrow banded one? What is the frequency?

Please, a bit more detail here is needed before anyone can intelligently respond

Mike

Your right, I was in a bit of a rush, let's for get the question.
Thanks

kb8rvp

The one thing I notice is the difference in the dispatcher volume even though the signal strength is max out. Is this something that I have to live with or is there a speaker mod?

Check the AGC settings. Go into the menu then settings then select Adjust Audio AGC. I have mine set to the following:

Analog AGC
Response Time -1
Reference Gain +4
Gain Range 6

Digital AGC
Response Time -1
Reference Gain+3

These settings can bring up the over all volume and can help to even out the volume across the different dispatchers. You can also go into each talk group or channel you have programmed and adjust the volume offset to bring up or reduce the volume to even out the volume with other dispatchers.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.