BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Volume Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnahanb

I'm new to the digital scanner stuff, I have a problem with digital and analog volume differences. In my area our fire department is dispatched on an analog channel and respond using a digital channel. The analog channel is very low volume and the digital is very loud. It is so bad that I have blown the speaker in my scanner. I hope this isn't a repeat question. Can anyone suggest what to do? Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm new to the digital scanner stuff, I have a problem with digital and analog volume differences. In my area our fire department is dispatched on an analog channel and respond using a digital channel. The analog channel is very low volume and the digital is very loud. It is so bad that I have blown the speaker in my scanner. I hope this isn't a repeat question. Can anyone suggest what to do? Thanks.
If you are using a Favorites list, edit that list in Sentinel.

When you get into the Editor screen, for each channel, or talkgroup ID, you can set a Volume Offset, to make it either louder, or softer, than your current volume setting. That is one of the last options on the settings for a talkgroup or conventional frequency. Depending on your screen size and width, you may need to use the slide bar at the button of the edit window to see it. See: BCDX36HP Sentinel Software Manual

You can also set this directly on the scanner, but you shoukl either read the updated information back into Sentinel, or make it in Sentinel then write the updated file to the scanner. If you made the change just on the scanner itself, but not in Sentinel, then when you write updates to the scanner, you'd also wipe out whatever adjustment you made.

JamesO

For the Analog system, try changing the BW from FM to NFM and see if this helps and does not degrade reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.