Volume cut-out out on WS-1095

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

Once in a while, my WS-1095 goes strangely silent, like it has muted its own volume. However, if I turn the volume up extremely high (like 18, 19), it suddenly "fixes" itself such that I can turn the volume down to a reasonable level again. Then it will operate normally again for another 10 - 20 hours. Has anyone else had this issue?

DJ11DLN

Mine did this a few times last winter. It had been on for some weeks at the time, I shut it off, pulled the card, formatted and reloaded, all has been fine since. I don't know if the reboot or the card wipe/reload fixed it but you might give that a try.

wbswetnam

Mine did this a few times last winter. It had been on for some weeks at the time, I shut it off, pulled the card, formatted and reloaded, all has been fine since. I don't know if the reboot or the card wipe/reload fixed it but you might give that a try.
This thing eats SD cards. I've had it four years, and it's on its 4th SD card.

DJ11DLN

This thing eats SD cards. I've had it four years, and it's on its 4th SD card.
Wow, that's a lot. I've got a 1098 since '17 in addition to the 1095 (2015 IIRC)...only had the one card fail between both of them. They often run for weeks at a time without being powered off. The 1095 has a regular card, the 1098 has a micro in an adapter, that was the one that failed on me. And for that problem, sorry but I got nothin'.

Ed6698

I have been using the same SD card in my 1095 for probably 4 years. I imagine if a person does a lot of recording it probably would cause a shorter life span. I only record wildcard hits. Also improperly ejecting SD card from computer would cause some corruption issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.