Volume knob for pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb872033

hello all, a few days ago i dropped my pro-97 on to a cement floor from about 4', and it landed straight on the volume/squelch stack knob, now, the radio works but if you touch the volume knob the wrong way the radio shuts off!, this can be quite annoying...my question is does anyone know where i can get a replacement knob? there is no warranty on my scanner, and i am comfortable enough with my electronic soldering skill to do this myself. cant seem to find the part on the radio shack site, and the people at the store here dont seem to know how to get ahold of one. can i order this part through RSU or am I pretty much SOL? thanks for any input you can offer!!

JB

trunker0205

hello all, a few days ago i dropped my pro-97 on to a cement floor from about 4', and it landed straight on the volume/squelch stack knob, now, the radio works but if you touch the volume knob the wrong way the radio shuts off!, this can be quite annoying...my question is does anyone know where i can get a replacement knob? there is no warranty on my scanner, and i am comfortable enough with my electronic soldering skill to do this myself. cant seem to find the part on the radio shack site, and the people at the store here dont seem to know how to get ahold of one. can i order this part through RSU or am I pretty much SOL? thanks for any input you can offer!!

JB

It could be a broken soldier joint,did the plastic knob break?..I dont think a replacement knob will solve the problem you may need a new pot..

jb872033

all the joints are good...i meant the pot, seems like the whole volume/squelch unit is broken...the volume pole is bent as well...

JB

jb872033

unfortunately i think my problem is bigger than that...it is in the electronics...a short in the actual volume control unit...the soilder is all good,but if i jiggle the volume knob the radio shuts off :(... thanks for the info though...i bookmarked the post in case i need new knobs....

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.