Volume Regulator Does Work !

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a previous post I reported that the TV Volume Regulator didn't work to well with my Pro-95 scanner, very low audio output.

Over the weekend I dug up the instruction sheet for my Naval HTS-3 amplified speaker and found a gain adjustment pot inside the battery compartment. Made an adjustment and it works fine now, nice and loud! Dispatcher and mobiles are the same volume level.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Curt and all,

That's interesting, I'm one of many who have been looking for a cheap and dirty way of leveling the audio, that is without going through the hassle of building an AGC circuit that may or may not work properly with a scanner. Perhaps you can give us more information on that speaker, most imprtantly where to get one since a search of the Internet turned up nothing useful at least on the first try.

A PM or e-mail would be useful since I have a bad habit of forgetting where I've been. (;->)

The speaker is a Naval Ht Audio Booster, model HTS-3.

There are two for sale on Ebay right now.

The TV Volume Regulator is a Terk VR-1 made by Audiovox. I got mine from Heartland America but they can also be found on Ebay and elsewhere on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.