Volume Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one of those TV Volume Regulators and decided to try it on my scanner. Where I'm at the Dispatchers are much louder than the mobile radios.

My scanner is a Pro-95 with the earphone mod. I connected my scanner to the Volume Regulator input. The regulator output went to a Naval HTS-3 amplified speaker. With the regulator set on bypass the output is real loud. When I turn on the Volume Regulator the audio goes down to a whisper. Turning the scanner volume all the way up increases the volume just a little. With the amplified speaker turned off I hear nothing.

To simplify things, on a scale of 1 to 10. The Scanner volume is set at 2, with the Volume Regulator turned off the amplified speaker output is a 10. When I turn on the Volume Regulator the speaker output drops to a 1. Turning the scanner volume all the way up produces a 2 out of the amplified speaker.

The TV Volume Regulator does seem to work, Dispatch and Mobiles sound the same but the loss of audio isn't worth it to me.

flyingwolf

Old School
Bassically all that little device is is a AGC, it bumps up the low sound,s brings down the high sounds, but it depends upon constant sound, and as it also depends upon a MUCH more powerfull input it simply wont work.

DPD1

Try getting a compressor/limiter for use with music instruments. They have pretty affordable units and you can control the audio in/out levels, amount of compression, and so on.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Custom Scanner, Aviation, MURS, GMRS, Marine & Ham Antennas -

Status
Not open for further replies.