Volunteer Certification Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron88

How often is the Ohio Vol. Fire Fighter test given? I read some place maybe twice a year?

barlage

Premium Subscriber
When I took it a couple years ago, all the departments in our county put the new ones who needed it together and they did their training and took the test through a vocational school. We actually had a part in scheduling it. It's a 36 hour course. I don't think they have certain dates where they give a test for anyone in Ohio.

hoser147

It just depends you can check with your local department or a career school that is in your area. Its only about 36 hrs long so it doesn't take that long. If you are interested in a career then you may want, take the Professional Fire fighters coarse. But then you are looking at 240hrs. Hoser

Aaron88

I turned in my application at Porter TWP and unfortunately, I am number 4 on the waiting list and when I get certified they will vote me in. I guess if it is something I want, then I am willing to wait.

It depends where your at... i know that the departments in Geuaga County will pay for your 36 hr class (Vol FF) and some dont. I know that you do need to take the class though to become a Vol FF

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Training

Check with Porter Twp, there should be a training person or someone with information about classes in your area. Like someone else said, they should pay for the training unless it is required to have to put in an application. I am not sure how Ohio runs, but you may need to be sponsored by a dept to sit in on a class (usually has to do with insurance and equipment while in training). If that Twp won't pick you up, try a neighboring area. There is a need for volunteers everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.