Volunteer Fire Depts. Chippewa County

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent30

I was wondering if anyone knew the freqs used by some volunteer fire depts in Chippewa County

Soo twnsp
Bruce twnsp
Dafter twnsp

AND any other volunteer fire depts in Chippewa county that are not on the database and if these are in the database im sorry, i just couldn't find them..

fnnm1062

longtime member
I could be wrong, but i believe that the tones go off on vhf paging channel 155.775, then goes right over to the MPSCS state system. From what I can read it looks like the info is simulcasted onto 1 of the countywide vhf channels, if you do not have a digital scanner. hope this helps

brent30

I have a digital scanner, i just have not heard any of these depts, i have heard others on it (in the 800mhz range) so i wasn't sure if they were digital on the MPSCS system.

Last edited:

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
They all share the same channels. Some departmens favor simplex over the other repeatered towers. Sometimes it sounds like they are patched. I think tones are always sent on simplex and occasionally on the other towers. It seems like it all depends on whatever button the dispatcher feels like pushing.

It seems like MPSCS is rarely used on the FD side. Poor coverage, lack of training and enough radios seem to keep them on VHF.

MPSCS seems to be used more for EMS. I'm pretty sure the 'Ross uses it.

Last edited:

brent30

They all share the same channels. Some departmens favor simplex over the other repeatered towers. Sometimes it sounds like they are patched. I think tones are always sent on simplex and occasionally on the other towers. It seems like it all depends on whatever button the dispatcher feels like pushing.

It seems like MPSCS is rarely used on the FD side. Poor coverage, lack of training and enough radios seem to keep them on VHF.

MPSCS seems to be used more for EMS. I'm pretty sure the 'Ross uses it.

Yeah Kinross does, I hear them a lot going back and forth from the prison all the time.
What frequencies do they share?... I have a vhf radio i would like to program for rx only and use that as a fire scanner, because i hate to see it just sit. And I keep my digital on the 800mhz all the time...

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
The local countywide tower, paging, and DNR.

The countywide towers are used for everything, not just fire/ems.

Status
Not open for further replies.