Volusia Co EDACS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcr20

Hi all - hopefully I didn't overlook the answer to this elsewhere on the site.

I am using the info from the database to program my RS Pro 160 for the Volusia Co EDACS system. I note that there are 3 systems shown. The 3rd is referred to as "Daytona Beach" so I would presume that would be the best one to listen to if I were on that side of the county.

However the other 2 are listed only as System 1 & 2. Since I am doing this by hand - which one is best if I am spending 99% of my time either in the Orange City/DeBary area, or commuting to Maitland? I already have the frequencies in 3 separate groups on the scanner, and they are working nicely, but want to see which one to enter talkgroups on first, based on which ever one is going to give me the best reception in my area.

(I am making an assumption here that all 3 systems carry the same traffic; is that correct?)

Anyone with experience on these systems?
Thanks for any help!

Dave

alanlungs2

I have both system A&B programed into my scanner. It depends on what you want listen to. I have VCSO in one bank VCFS/EVAC in a another and Deltona fire in another because they dispatch for Deltona, Orange Ciy and DeBary. As for talkgroups VCFS is split into east side and westside groups.I also have they VHF fire dispatch channels pluged in. The system for Daytona is only for Daytona PD. If you commute to Orlando like I do you may want to plug in SCFD and maybe OFD VHF dispatch freq's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.