Volusia Co I calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edweirdFL

For those of you that monitor the county's EDACS system using a Uniden or a trunker program, how much traffic uses the I call feature?

My Pro-96 doesn't pick them up, and I'm wondering how much I'm missing. Seems like they use Nextels all the time instead. Thanks,

Ed

edweirdFL

I can answer my own question now. I got my BCD996T yesterday, and using the Butel software, collected some data over 23 hours.

15228 hits
474 were icalls

201 trk IDs found
85 icall IDs found

So there's some traffic, but not an overwhelming amount.

Ed

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396T Handheld. I wonder what is on I-Call I never heard anything on them. How do I find the I-Call Freq's at?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
bravo14 said:
I have a BCD396T Handheld. I wonder what is on I-Call I never heard anything on them. How do I find the I-Call Freq's at?

I-Calls are individual calls between two radios, as opposed to group calls where everyone on the talkgroup can hear.

You need to go into the scanner's set up menu for the trunked system in question and set it to I-Calls On (as opposed to I-Calls Off) then you go and create a wildcard talkgroup of sorts to receive I-Calls in ID Scan mode. To do this, enter ".0" (that's decimal zero) as a talkgroup; this is a "wildcard" talkgroup that will allow you to receive all I-Calls, assuming the trunked system you're monitoring uses I-Calls at all.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
St Johns Co I don't think we have anything like that yet. How do I find the Freq for I-Call? I might set up Jax F/R like that as a test. The I-Call was off and set it to only on one system and I'll try on for Jax.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
bravo14 said:
St Johns Co I don't think we have anything like that yet. How do I find the Freq for I-Call? I might set up Jax F/R like that as a test. The I-Call was off and set it to only on one system and I'll try on for Jax.

The frequencies for I-Calls? They're just the same frequencies in the trunked system that any other talkgroup would use. However, in some trunked systems, not every frequency can be used for I-Calls. How do you tell which ones can and can't? There's really no way to tell other than to listen and see.

For test purposes, set the I-Call setting to "only", and then run the scanner on the system in "ID Search" mode. This way, you will not hear any traffic on the system unless it's an I-Call. If you hear nothing after a few hours of this, then you may assume that I-Calls are not used on that trunked system, or at least not frequently used.

Status
Not open for further replies.