Volusia County 800MHz System changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerstjo

Received a report that the Volusia County 800 MHz system "A" has changed LCN 4 to 855.9875 and system "B" LCN 14 to 854.3625.
System is out of my scanner range. Can someone verify this?

John Gerstner
East Central Florida Scanner Page

shadcall

Received a report that the Volusia County 800 MHz system "A" has changed LCN 4 to 855.9875 and system "B" LCN 14 to 854.3625.

John Gerstner

John, I have no idea how the technical side of this works as it pertains to LCN. I know you are supossed to put all the channels in an EDACS system in the LCN. Here is what I did. On my Pro 163 I made the changes to the LCN frequencies you said you got a report on. On my Pro 106 I left it the way it is on the RR database. I still get the county coming in just fine on both scanners. As I said I have no idea what difference it would make, but I will continue to monitor both scanners for you.

gerstjo

Volusia County 800 MHz System changes

Volusia County 800 MHz system "A" has changed LCN 4 to 855.9875 and system "B" LCN 14 to 854.3625.
They are currently being used as the control channels for each system.

John Gerstner

shadcall

Volusia County 800 MHz system "A" has changed LCN 4 to 855.9875 and system "B" LCN 14 to 854.3625.

John Gerstner

I would agree with you John. Tonight my Pro 106 which has the freqs from the databaseis silent. I put in the changes you reported and my Pro 163 is picking it up fine. Thanks for the info. This needs to be submitted so the database can be updated.

shadcall

FYI they rebanned the whole system on the 2nd for some FCC crap they are still analog from what i know besides LE 6.

Do you mean rebanded? If so that is not what happened. Rebanding involves a lot more than changing control channel freqs. Check out the RR Wiki on rebanding if you don't understand what it means.

rob357

Voulusia County 800 MHZ freq changes

John:

Could you please send this information to Radio Reference so they can update the database?
I have an HP1 and am unable to program the changes into it. I update my database using Sentinel Software. I ( and i would guess many other HP1 users in Volusia Co) would appreciate it very much!

regards
Rob

John Gerstner

Zone20A

Thanks!

John Gerstner

Thank you for posting this information John. My BC245XLT had been silent for a few days before I stumbled upon your post. I actually thought that it was time to buy a new radio, so you also saved me a couple hundred dollars! Thanks again.

Trux911

Feed Provider
John,

That is confirmed. I currently stream Volusia County Fire and EMS to Radioreference. I also have several scanners around my house. I just started noticing that I wasn't hearing anything. I plugged in the freq's that you have posted and all is back to normal. I thought something was wrong at my end. Turns out, it was on my end. Thank you so much for sharing the info.

John Truxel

spotbeams

Trunking info Deltona

Hi,All I need to do is replace LCN number 4 on system A and replace LCN 14 on B ? Trunking on Pro94's in Deltona. Getting lots of static the last few weeks here? thanks

DickH

Do you mean rebanded? If so that is not what happened. Rebanding involves a lot more than changing control channel freqs. Check out the RR Wiki on rebanding if you don't understand what it means.

Only some rebanded Motorola systems can not be monitored by older scanners.
EDACS systems are not affected by rebanding.

Trux911

Feed Provider
To: Spotbeams

In System A/1: Remove LCN #4 which is 858.2625 and replace it with 855.9875.

In System B/2: Remove LCN #14 which is 855.7375 and replace it with 854.3625.

That's it! The new channels are both control channels and you should start hearing all of your programmed talkgroups immediatly. Good luck!

wise871

Database Admin
To: Spotbeams

In System A/1: Remove LCN #4 which is 858.2625 and replace it with 855.9875.

In System B/2: Remove LCN #14 which is 855.7375 and replace it with 854.3625.

That's it! The new channels are both control channels and you should start hearing all of your programmed talkgroups immediatly. Good luck!

For now I'm going to use this info and update the database. I've had about 5 submissions sitting in the queue and each one is stating a different frequency. Can someone let me know if the other control channels are in use?

Last edited:

nu4c

I changed to those freqs on the 7th
my PSR hears everything again
Paul

rob357

Volusia 800 MHZ changes

Downloaded ARC PATROL Software for the Uniden HP1 to day. spent 5 minutes getting familiar with it. Made the changes and my HP1 is alive and well. Thanks to all for your assistance

Rob357

shadcall

For now I'm going to use this info and update the database. I've had about 5 submissions sitting in the queue and each one is stating a different frequency. Can someone let me know if the other control channels are in use?

Dan, you have it right in the changes you have made. However I am also picking up 860.2625 as a control channel, but I'm not sure what to make of it. It is already on the chart as LCN 13 on 1/A system. I'm getting a decode rate ranging from 30 to 88 percent whereas the other two are giving me 99 percent. So I am not sure this is an actual control channel or not.

DickH

Dan, you have it right in the changes you have made. However I am also picking up 860.2625 as a control channel, but I'm not sure what to make of it. It is already on the chart as LCN 13 on 1/A system. I'm getting a decode rate ranging from 30 to 88 percent whereas the other two are giving me 99 percent. So I am not sure this is an actual control channel or not.

It is probably an Intellirepeater (fill-in) site that is not near you. While the RR database shows 3 sites, the FCC database shows 5 sites. Take a look.
ULS License - Public Safety/Spec Emerg, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked License - WPFQ272 - VOLUSIA, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary

Looks like the RR database needs an update.

shadcall

It is probably an Intellirepeater (fill-in) site that is not near you. While the RR database shows 3 sites, the FCC database shows 5 sites. Take a look.
ULS License - Public Safety/Spec Emerg, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked License - WPFQ272 - VOLUSIA, COUNTY OF - Locations Summary

Looks like the RR database needs an update.

While the FCC may list 5 sites, the EDAC system for the county is a 3 site system. In listening to the communications on the county system they will make reference to A or B. The third site Daytona Beach is used on some ocassions. The main communication will come on A or B. The other sites may have other uses besides the EDACS public safety system. One that comes to mind is the county prison. They are on their own system and not part of the 800 EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.