Volusia County EDACS and P25 (00A.91F82)

KEVINTAAFFE

Premium Subscriber
I live in Port Orange and am not recieving any VC p25 broadcasting on my sds 100. I have all the frequencies programed for the Flagler and Sanford sites. What am i doing wrong ? Is there any adjustments i need to make to my sds 100, such as filters, or frequencie groupings. please help me . I am a premium subscriber for 10 years. Thanks to anybody that can help me.

I live in Port Orange and am not recieving any VC p25 broadcasting on my sds 100. I have all the frequencies programed for the Flagler and Sanford sites. What am i doing wrong ? Is there any adjustments i need to make to my sds 100, such as filters, or frequencie groupings. please help me . I am a premium subscriber for 10 years. Thanks to anybody that can help me.
No, you're just out of range. These sites cover very specific areas and have antennas that are tailored to cover those areas, and those areas only. I don't think the Bunnell site is active.

KEVINTAAFFE

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for replying back with info 902. Now will i ever going to pickup vc p25 anytime in the future? I'm sorry i haven't contributed to the Florida forum before , but i'm a religous reader for all the updates and information given in the Florida forum. Now i also belong to the (FCC UPDATES.COM). This is a website that the gentleman who runs it gives weekly updates from the FCC website. What i need is info on the correct Amazon frequencies at the deltona site, and the daytona beach site near LPGA Blvd that are active. And what happened to the Tanger mall , and the Hard Rock Hotel broadcasts. If anyone has info on these ,please let me know. Again thank you 902.

Thank you for replying back with info 902. Now will i ever going to pickup vc p25 anytime in the future? I'm sorry i haven't contributed to the Florida forum before , but i'm a religous reader for all the updates and information given in the Florida forum. Now i also belong to the (FCC UPDATES.COM). This is a website that the gentleman who runs it gives weekly updates from the FCC website. What i need is info on the correct Amazon frequencies at the deltona site, and the daytona beach site near LPGA Blvd that are active. And what happened to the Tanger mall , and the Hard Rock Hotel broadcasts. If anyone has info on these ,please let me know. Again thank you 902.
Kevin, the short answer is yes, you will pick up VC P25 sometime in the future. When that will be, depends on a lot of variables. Except for the fill-in site in Sanford (it points in toward southwestern Volusia), I don't believe anything else has been built-out in P25, so your timeframe may be years, not days. Have patience and don't rush it. What they have right now is a reliable workhorse.

As for Amazon, I do not see an FCC license for the site despite many other fulfillment centers being licensed. Bear Communications in Texas handles them.

Tanger is in the RR database. This database should be your first stop. Here's a link to it.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
The Flagler site is active from time to time. It's been especially quiet the past few weeks. Mostly encrypted talkgroups.

edweirdFL

I have used my SDS100 with just the programming here for site 001 to help me get the 9 element yagi antenna pointed the right direction, before hooking it up to the RPi4 with SDR stick that I'm using to feed that to the Broadcastify Calls platform. No special setting but I can't pick it up here beachsde with just an omni directional antenna.

I think as a premium sub here you can click on the blue talkgroup numbers on this page, and listen to my feed. Right now that's LE4 and Westside Fire Dispatch. Sometimes they are busy and other times go hours with no traffic, so I think aren't always patched but may only transmit when there is a radio affiliated with that site on the channel.

The Flagler site is active from time to time. It's been especially quiet the past few weeks. Mostly encrypted talkgroups.
Those are the same frequencies in the EDACS system. Do you know which ones they've taken out of the main simulcast group to fire this site up with?

alanlungs2

We in the fire service were just informed in August that fire radio is switching to a single platform for all commutations. That is all Tac channels will be on the East Side system. Some channels such as Orange City FD event and Chief’s channels will be disabled.

KEVINTAAFFE

Premium Subscriber
I like to thank everyone for helping me understand about the Volusia p25 system and why i cant recieve it yet, But i do have 2very important questions to ask. (1) Why is volusia frequencies broadcasting in Seminole and Flagler counties only? (2) why isn't volusia broadcasting in the county only? I did read the news article in the newspaper about volusia going with p25 because its hard to find updates for the edac system. And they want to be able to contact other counties on the same system, but will we in volusia county be able to pickup the system like we can with edacs? Thanks to everyone for there contributions. Hope to hear from everyone soon on this matter. KEVINTAAFFE. :)

(1) Why is volusia frequencies broadcasting in Seminole and Flagler counties only? (2) why isn't volusia broadcasting in the county only? I did read the news article in the newspaper about volusia going with p25 because its hard to find updates for the edac system.
Kevin,

The reason they are in Seminole and Flagler Counties is not to cover those counties. They are looking into Volusia County from places that are close to the border and beaming back in. The antennas most radio systems use now are directional. The coverage of these systems is engineered so that the signal is sent into places where it is needed, and not where it is not needed.

So, when you see something is in Sanford, the antennas point back into Volusia County and coverage falls sharply as you go further east on I-4. It's the same with Bunnell. The Volusia coverage from Bunnell is intended to serve the area covered by Station 16, which is a joint venture. The Sanford site beams into the Debary area. It's more cost-effective to use resources in a cooperative manner than it is to spend independently and maybe achieve inconsistent results.

KEVINTAAFFE

Premium Subscriber
Thank you 902 for all your help in helping me to understand what's going on with the volusia p25 system. Now will we be able to get the system once it's in full swing, will we be able to get all the talkgroup's and who they go to? sorry for being a pain but its important to me to hrae the system. Again thanks to all of you fellow scanner hobbyists for helping me to understand whats going on with the system. Can't wait for it to go full swing. KevinTaaffe:).

Thank you 902 for all your help in helping me to understand what's going on with the volusia p25 system. Now will we be able to get the system once it's in full swing, will we be able to get all the talkgroup's and who they go to? sorry for being a pain but its important to me to hrae the system. Again thanks to all of you fellow scanner hobbyists for helping me to understand whats going on with the system. Can't wait for it to go full swing. KevinTaaffe:).
Thank you, Kevin, but don't rush it. Enjoy what there is right now; it works pretty well for how much traffic it carries. When they turn up the next system it might be different.

edweirdFL

I found a Site 2 control channel for the P25 system on 857.2125 yesterday.
Yes, this was a frequency formerly used by the Daytona Beach (Speedway) site on the EDACS system.
I also didn't see a EDACS control channel up for that site.
When I look at the data stream off of site 2, I see what looks to match, but if I try and track it I retune to freqs associated with Site 1 for voice calls.

I can tell by signal strength and the direction my Yagi is pointed that this second site is not down in Sanford, but probably the Carswell Ave location in Holly Hill where this was used on the EDACS system and not Cody's Corner. Work on the P25 system is ongoing and anything figured out now is subject to change.

and not Cody's Corner. Work on the P25 system is ongoing and anything figured out now is subject to change.
There's no STA or license for any Volusia asset at Cody's Corner. The 5 channel system is licensed only for Carswell, and only for 20K0F9W, which was a catch-all emission that the FCC used to allow. That would cover virtually any emission (all at the same time), but the Commission strongly encourages enumerating the specific emissions employed now. It's probably in beta at Carswell.

edweirdFL

I only mentioned Cody's Corner since it's in the same relative direction from my home and it was mentioned in the report given to the County Commission earlier this year as still needing some work on the agreements between counties.

CC is on back on 857.2125 after being on 858.2125 and 856.7125 yesterday.
Watching to see if it rotates through the other freq.s on the WPPW666 license, 859.2125 and 860.2125 at some point.

I only mentioned Cody's Corner since it's in the same relative direction from my home and it was mentioned in the report given to the County Commission earlier this year as still needing some work on the agreements between counties.

CC is on back on 857.2125 after being on 858.2125 and 856.7125 yesterday.
Watching to see if it rotates through the other freq.s on the WPPW666 license, 859.2125 and 860.2125 at some point.
I just programmed it in about an hour ago. I'm pretty confident you're hearing Carswell. I've got an RSSI of -89 here and I can't hear anything from Flagler. I haven't heard any traffic on it at all.

edweirdFL

I heard some voice traffic for Eastside Fire Disp TG 301 this morning while using DSD+FL to track the control channel, so I've submitted those 2 freqs and the site (site 2) info to the database, and will update any more active channels that are tracking correctly when I see them.

edweirdFL

Nice and thanks. I wasn't sure whether I needed a new API key for the 2nd site, or whether I can use my existing Broadcastify Calls API key but my plan is to add this second site to the RPi4 that's currently got Site 1 streaming so that both are feeding the Calls platform. Traffic is light enough that I don't think it will be resource bound right now.

Just sent in the application to use my existing key.

1 Nooelec USB SDR connected to a 6 element Yagi is pointed at Sanford, and I think a second Nooelec USB SDR with an omni antenna will pickup Holly Hill just fine. I think I've figured out the way to have multiple sources AND systems in the Trunkrecorder JSON configuration file. Now I'll have a chance to see if I can make it work.

I've been listening to both sites the past week. So far 90% of the traffic is Eastside and Westside Fire tone outs and dispatches. Working on ID'ing the other TGIDs and figuring out RID/LID ranges.